Home » BLOG » Patriotic Table Setting Ideas for Summer

These Patriotic summer table setting ideas are perfect for all of the red, white and blue holidays of the warmer months of the year.

patriotic table setting ideas

With Mother’s Day behind us, it was time to turn my attention to preparing for Memorial Day festivities. Of course, there is much to do –   plan the menu, fun activities, and the home decor,  but my absolute favorite part is brainstorming table setting ideas.  Enter Chloe from Celebrate & Decorate with perfect timing for throwing a tablescape hop!

patriotic table setting ideas_DIY

SUGGESTED: How to Build a DIY Farmhouse Table with a (reverse) Drop Leaf from 4x4s

patriotic table setting summer

This week I’m participating in the Welcome Summer Tablescape Blog Hop 2019. Be sure to scroll down to see the other Welcome Summer Tablescape Blog Hop 2019 participants – there are new settings all week so check back often.

patriotic table setting ideas_cookies

Patriotic Summer Table Setting Ideas

The Table Runner

patriotic table setting ideas_table runner

You will see that I often re-use items over and over again in different ways. That is half the fun of table settings for me! If you’ve visited me before, you’ll know I love to mix patterns, fabrics, and textures for an eclectic look. This table uses a vinyl tablecloth, Layered with the burlap runner and topped with three check napkins on a diagonal.
patriotic table setting ideas_mixed patterns

RELATED: How to Create a Beautiful {Easy and Cheap} Red White and Blue Tablescape

The Centerpiece

patriotic table setting ideas_centerpiece

The centerpiece is a mish-mash of things that I had in and around the house. The daisies came in my Mother’s Day bouquet, along with the blue babies’ breath. I added azalea and greenery clippings from my yard and completed the arrangement with a faux poppy plant in bright red.

Red white and blue labels - banner

The Table Setting

patriotic table setting ideas_plate stack

I love to pair colorful dessert and salad plates with plain, white, every-day dinnerware. I often find unique, bold dishes in the most unexpected of places. These adorable appetizer plates came from my local grocery store and reminded me of fireworks when I saw them – they were on sale! Paired with the white dinner plates, topped with bright napkins in red and blue, they make a striking but very inexpensive stack.

Other Decor

patriotic table setting ideas_WREATH

My DIY patriotic swag wreath makes its annual appearance – it’s always a favorite for me at this time of year. Of course, I had to add something new – these fun fireworks-inspired tablecloth weights were a cinch to make! I love the fun element they bring to the table.  You can find the DIY tutorial for them right here. To complete the party atmosphere, I paired treat bags in red, white and blue.

patriotic table setting ideas_TABLECLOTH WEIGHTS

RELATED:How to Make a Patriotic Wreath with Red, White and Blue Decorations

patriotic table setting ideas_SWEETS

I look so forward to Memorial Day and July 4th every year and with these simple ideas, I feel like my table will be ready when the dates roll around! How about? How do you get ready for the summer holidays?

LIKE THIS RESOURCE? PLEASE, SHARE IT WITH OTHERS BY PINNING IT. THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!

RED WHITE AND BLUE TABLE SETTING IDEAS

Don’t forget to stop by and take a peek at these other lovely Summer table settings. Thanks for stopping by!

SUGGESTED:How to Make Your Front Porch a Showstopper this July 4th

Monday

a casa di Bianca | My Thrift Store Addiction | Bluesky at Home | Celebrate & Decorate

Tuesday

Everyday Living  | Life and Linda | Knock it Off Kim Home is Where the Boat Is

Wednesday

The Painted Apron | Me and My Captain | Debbee’s Buzz

Thursday

My Family Thyme | Living With Thanksgiving |  Zucchini Sisters
Follow the Yellow Brick Home | Panoply

Friday

Sweet Sensations | Chasing Quaintness | Katherine’s Corner | Corner of Plaid and Paisley

knockitoffkim.com projects

How to Make Your Front Porch a Showstopper this July 4th

Th_Showstopping Front Porch Decorating 4th of July

How to Make a Patriotic Wreath with Red, White and Blue Decorations

july 4th wreath

This post contains affiliate links, which means that I make a commission when a sale is made by clicking on the link, at no additional cost to you. I value you and your trust and only recommend products and brands that I genuinely love. Thanks for supporting Knock it Off Kim!

Must-have Amazon Picks

Fourth of July Wreath Large 25″ Burlap
Sophistiplate Disposable Paper Plate Set
Cotton Buffalo Check Oversized Basic Cloth Napkin
Red White Blue Hanging Paper Fans

Like this post? Enter your email address to get access to our freebie area and monthly newsletter! It’s non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

Yes! I want to receive news, promotions, and updates from KnockitoffKim.com. You can withdraw this consent at any time.

See our Privacy Policy for more information.

KnockitoffKim.com will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Let us know what format you prefer to receive your email in!

We use MailChimp as our marketing automation platform. By clicking below to submit this form, you acknowledge that the information you provide will be transferred to MailChimp for processing by their Privacy Policy and Terms.

34 comments

1. Mary says:

Kim, My heart beats Red, White and Blue so I love your patriotic ideas and table! You centerpiece is so festive with your combination of floral material, flag and star. Love the cupcake picks! As always it’s a treat to blog hop with you ♥

2. Chloe says:

So many fun ideas for a patriotic table. You can celebrate with red white and blue all summer long, and all of your table ideas and accents are just perfect! Thank you so much for once again sharing your talents with our hop!

3. Jenna says:

Hi Kim, aren’t you smart to think of red white and blue! I was just thinking earlier that I needed to start making Memorial Day plans and you have certainly got me in the mood with your creative outdoor patriotic table! So clever how you’ve mixed and matched different items and fabrics for the festive table covering. Love the vase of flowers and flags and all the treats on your cute table! You are ready to kick off summer!

4. Kim, Your paisley cloth looks very nice paired with the checked napkins placed on the diagonal as a table runner. Using the napkins as a runner is a great idea.
    Those cupcakes look delish! Great patriotic tablescape.
    Nice to blog hop with you again.

5. Cecilia says:

May is the perfect month for a patriotic tablescape, and yours is lovely! It’s a pleasure to be joining you this week! Blessings, Cecilia @My Thrift Store Addiction

6. Linda says:

Lovely table with the traditional red, white and blue. The paisley tablecloth looks so pretty. You have given all of us some inspiration for the upcoming 4th of July and Memorial Day weekend. The flags and those yummy cupcakes are perfect.

7. Sandra Garth says:

Winter seemed to drag on forever! Easter came and went in a rush. Mother’s Day is in the books for this year and now we’re prepping for Memorial Day. It’s all flying by and I haven’t even thought about the official start to summer. Thank you so much for the lovely ideas you shared.

• Kim says:

Hi Sandra, didn’t winter seem to last forever? I’m SO happy to see the summer and warm weather, but completely agree that it’s all going by rather quickly. If we blink it’ll be fall! Thanks so much for your lovely comments!

8. Debbee M says:

Kim, such a fun and festive table for the summer and patriotic holidays. Love all your clever ideas and tips for styling tablescapes. Great hopping with you!

9. Rebecca says:

Kim, you’re a pro at mixing patterns and I love how you paired the paisley tablecloth with burlap and buffalo check. It was also clever how you mixed store bought flowers, foliage from your yard and faux poppies to create your festive arrangement. You’ve designed a very festive and patriotic outdoor table. It’s a pleasure hopping with you this week. Happy (almost) Summer!

10. Kim, how fun and festive your Memorial Day table is! I love the mixing of patterns, colors, and textures, it makes everything so interesting. I love the mix of paisley and check. A patriotic table set outdoors is a win. It is fun hopping with you!

11. Ann Krucek says:

You certainly have made me in the mood to pull out all of my Red, White and Blue! What a fun patriotic table for the summer. Those cupcake toppers are the cutest!! Always fun to hop with you, Kim! I hope you have a wonderful start to your summer.

12. Amber says:

I love it all! I adore outdoor Patriotic decor and you have so many fun ideas here! I spotted your wreath right away and it is so cute. The whole tablescape is amazing and it looks like you and your family with have a festive and fun Memorial Day celebration with decor to last through the fourth of July!

So happy to hop with you this week. Have a great summer ahead!

13. Lynne says:

Your patriotic tablescape is perfect! I love the classic and timeless colors that can be used all summer. The mix of patterns you used…the paisley and checks are lovely! Happy Summer, Kim!