How to: Frighteningly Fun Halloween Front Door Decor

Posted in HOLIDAYS
on October 4, 2018

Add some magic to your Halloween front door decor with these spooky inexpensive ideas. You’ll find a plethora of DIY Halloween decoration projects, mixed with holiday items fit for your favorite ghouls, goblins, and witches, all commonly found in many stores. Stop in for heaps of frighteningly fantastic Halloween front door ideas that will give you the best looking porch or front door on the block!

halloween front door decor idea

My favorite part of Halloween decorating outdoors is that it doesn’t matter what state my yard and garden are in – as a matter of fact, the messier, the better. All of a sudden cobwebs are IN. Hence the reason it’s my favorite time of year! When some of my blogging friends were getting together to share their Fall front porch ideas, I jumped in with two feet and scared up some easy ideas to share! So, if you’re on the lookout for easy Halloween front door decor ideas, you’ve come to the right place!

halloween porch decor ideas

PS: Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for even more fantastic ideas for your Fall Outdoor Spaces!

Frighteningly Fun Halloween Front Door Decor

I like to use a theme when decorating, especially for holiday decorations. I find it makes it so much easier for me to ensure everything is cohesive. This year’s Halloween door decorations were no exception, and choosing a theme was easy when I came across this Witch’s spell book Halloween prop!

My porch is quite long. To decorate the long expanse, I broke up the width into three sections – The front door received the spookiest treatment!

OUR HALLOWEEN FRONT DOOR  DECOR

As you round the bend of the walkway, a spooky scene awaits you just up ahead, with tombstones flanking each side of the doorway.

diy Halloween door decoration

Our DIY Jack-o-Lantern arch induces both giggles and shivers – It’s almost like entering a haunted carnival ride! This DIY Halloween front door decor is perfect for greeting trick-or-treaters, is an excellent accent for our annual Halloween party, and don’t even get me started on the GREAT photo op potential!

halloween door decor diy

diy halloween decoration ideas

Framed in lights, a flurry of bats accent the front door. Look for an upcoming tutorial on how to make this Halloween wreath.

halloween door decor

iy outdoor halloween decorations

The resident witch’s broom is ready for her next flight. Look for her on Halloween night, silhouetted against the moon. A mix of both real and faux pumpkins ensures an inexpensive and varied display. You’ll recognize my signature pop of jewel tones – who says Halloween must be orange and black? Shaking skeleton, eager to get out of his cage, gives everyone a fun little fright when they stand near the door.

halloween front door decoration ideas

This sign reminds us that witches can be found everywhere, especially on Halloween. Download the sign for free HERE.

halloween house decorations

WITCH’S BREW

A creepy crone appears to be whipping up something delicious in her cauldron to share – although, her ingredients might be somewhat.. unorthodox? Don’t get too close though, or you might end up in the pot!

halloween witch decorations

cheap halloween decorations

Maybe if we’re nice, she’ll share the recipes from her spellbook!

deco halloween

Without a doubt, this cackling beauty is the scariest thing on this porch! Download the FREE witch out never sign here!

Look twice before crossing paths with this furry feline friend. This sign states the obvious that he’s rather unimpressed – just in case his piercing green eyes and loud meowing don’t!

animated halloween props

LOUNGING SKELETON

Our skeleton friend relaxes on the swing surrounded by colorful pumpkins. I wonder how long he’s been sitting there?

outdoor halloween decorations

halloween porch ideas

Finally, my yard looks perfectly in sync with the neighborhood – you know I’ll be embracing those cobwebs! To think, in a few weeks our front porch and front door will be overrun with ghosts, goblins, princesses and maybe a cat in the hat, as they go house to house, knocking on doors,  with a loud ‘trick-or-treat’! Our Halloween front door decor is sure to give them a thrill and keep them coming back!

halloween front door decor

Don’t forget to check out these fabulous fall porches, too! Thanks to Amy of My Life from Home for hosting!

knockitoffkim.com projects

This post contains affiliate links, which means that I make a commission when a sale is made by clicking on the link, at no additional cost to you. I value you and your trust and only recommend products and brands that I genuinely love!

Like this post? Enter your email address to get access to our freebie area and monthly newsletter! It’s non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

Yes! I want to receive news, promotions, and updates from KnockitoffKim.com. You can withdraw this consent at any time.

See our Privacy Policy for more information.

KnockitoffKim.com will use the information you provide on this form to be in touch with you and to provide updates and marketing. Let us know what format you prefer to receive your email in!

We use MailChimp as our marketing automation platform. By clicking below to submit this form, you acknowledge that the information you provide will be transferred to MailChimp for processing by their Privacy Policy and Terms.

Feature diy file cabinet desk tutorial
halloween centerpiece_feature

• Bre

Oh my gosh, Kim! Your Halloween porch is amazing! You definitely went all out. It looks fantastic! 🙂

October 4, 2018 at 6:07 pm Reply
    • Kim

Thanks, Bre! Would you believe I have as many Halloween supply boxes as I do Christmas supply boxes? It’s a wee bit ridiculous. My excuse, we host a Halloween party every year – the front porch being decorated is one check off my list!

October 5, 2018 at 4:00 pm Reply
  • Michelle James

Wow Kim! I’m coming to your house for Halloween, lol! Your kids must absolutely love it! That witch is super cool and fun! You did such a great job.

October 7, 2018 at 12:52 pm Reply
    • Kim

Thanks, Michelle – Come on down! My kids start talking about Halloween as soon as school starts. It’s like Christmas in October, but without gifts, Santa, the meaning and feeling.. and with candy. Actually, I guess it isn’t like Christmas at all – it has it’s own greatness!

October 11, 2018 at 11:08 am Reply
  • Emily

Kim, you definitely have the spookiest house on the block! Your decorations are amazing and that Jack-O-Lantern arch is incredible! Definitely a great photo opp! I have never done any exterior decorating for Halloween, but I’m sure I will when our daughter is older. I’ll be referring back to your porch for some ideas 😉

October 7, 2018 at 5:04 pm Reply
    • Kim

Thank you!! Emily, your time is coming and I can’t wait to see what you come up with!

October 11, 2018 at 11:09 am Reply