Girl Glam Bohemian Bedroom Inspiration

Posted in MAKEOVER CHALLENGES, OneRoomChallenge, ROOM INSPRATI
on April 6, 2018

Love Boho glam? This plan for a Glam Bohemian bedroom is the inspiration you need to effortlessly strike a blend of two worlds with relaxed, thrown together retro-bohemian ambiance with chic glamor.

teen girls bedroom plan

I’m feeling a sense of De Ja Vu! Once again, I’m taking on the One Room Challenge (aka the ORC), hosted by Calling it Home! For those of you who may not have heard of it, the ORC is an online blogger event that brings together those with a love of design and challenges them to transform a room in just six weeks. Yes, you heard that right – six weeks!

ORC-Gold-4oow

Wanna catch up on the progress? It’s all right here!

week1 |week2 | week3| week4| week5| week6 |

This is my fourth ORC to date. In the past, I’ve made over a multi-purpose dining room/playroom, a colorful, an art-deco inspired game room, and a modern eclectic front foyer. This time, I’m taking on a teen girls bedroom, which also happens to the smallest and the room with the most awkward layout found in my home. I’m excited to get started, so let’s get to it!

The Before

I’ve taken on this room in the past. It’s been a few years, and my stepdaughter’s needs are now entirely different. At nearly 15, she’s into makeup (she has AMAZING skills), clothes, her friends, and cheerleading and much less into zebra print, singing, teal, and American Girl dolls.

bohemian bedroom - before 1

The room is s.m.a.l.l. and has a poorly placed door or a window on every wall. Believe it or not, this is a picture of AFTER we rearranged to give her a bit more space!

In addition to that, the closet is tiny.. with a sloped ceiling inside – not a great option for a teenage girl.  Excuse the mess – there’s real life happening inside!

before - closet 1

before - closet sloped ceiling

The desk area is neither conducive to doing homework OR makeup.

It’s time for a change!

We’ve been brainstorming various design elements for about a year now – the color scheme, the accessories, and the bedding. Her likes? Pretty things, with a casual, “thrown together” vibe and the girl LOVES pineapples. She needs a room that reflects all of those things, not to mention a larger bed. A place for homework wouldn’t hurt either.  We want her room here to be filled with things that she loves, and to be true ‘her’ – fun,  a little bit fancy, playful, and gorgeous!

Here’s some of the inspiration I’ve gathered for this space… if pinning, please pin from the original post – photos link to originals.

via

via

boho glam - inspiration

via

boho glam - inspiration

via

boho glam - inspiration

So, are you seeing our vision? Gray and silver tones mixed with soft pastels, a new, larger built-in closet maybe. A sizeable make-up vanity/homework area. Medium wood tones, with touches of glam and pops of bohemian style. In other words…

A Girls Glam Bohemian Bedroom – with an Edge

What is Bohemian Glam you ask?

Bohemian Glam = 60s glam with modern bohemian sophistication

So, here’s what I’m hoping to accomplish:

Bohemian Bedroom

Teen Girls Glam Bohemian Bedroom

TODO:

• Create space for a larger bed
  • Include additional closet space
  • Provide well-lit make-up vanity
  • Homework desk
  • Add Sitting/hangout area
I can’t wait to get started – six weeks go by fast, especially with a full list of DIY projects! Thankfully, I already HAVE started, just by committing to a design! I hope you’ll pop back in and follow along!
knock it off kim get the look

Like this post? Enter your email address to get access to our freebie area and monthly newsletter! It’s non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

Floating Table - feature
closet bed nook - feature

• Lindi

I wish I had a teen girl’s room to do! This room will be so fun! Love all of the inspiration 🙂

April 9, 2018 at 7:03 pm Reply
    • Kim

Pretty soon you’ll have many! About then you might be rethinking your wish! 😉

April 10, 2018 at 7:53 am Reply
  • Emy

Wow! I love your room inspiration and mood board! Her room is going to be nicer than my bedroom! Looking forward to following along.

April 10, 2018 at 10:43 am Reply
    • Kim

Thanks so much, Emy – she’s so excited! Her room is also going to be nicer than MY room – we might have to do something about that!

April 10, 2018 at 1:22 pm Reply
  • Vicki and Jenn 2 Bees in a Pod

Oh my gosh – we can’t wait to see this come together! She will be so excited to have this grown-up space. We know all too well how hard it is to design around ill-placed windows and doors. In our case it’s weird angles everywhere. We know you will work your magic!

April 10, 2018 at 6:06 pm Reply
    • Kim

I hope your confidence in me is deserved – we’ll see in six weeks! LOL I’ve been stalking your blog for tips on weird placements. Thanks so much, ladies!

April 11, 2018 at 12:36 am Reply
  • Jessica | Petal + Ply

I’m a big fan of bohemian decor! Love your plan and can’t wait to see the finished room!

April 10, 2018 at 9:59 pm Reply
    • Kim

Thanks, Jessica! I’m excited, too.. Although I love Bohemian style it’s a bit outside what I normally do. I’m excited to step out of the box a wee bit!

April 11, 2018 at 12:40 am Reply
  • Marci

This is going to look so pretty!!

April 10, 2018 at 11:56 pm Reply
    • Kim

Thanks so much, Marci!

April 11, 2018 at 12:31 am Reply
  • Dara

I love your plans! Your stepdaughter is going to love this room!

April 11, 2018 at 12:18 am Reply
  • Lisa

I love doing kids’ spaces and your plans for this room are so so good!! Can’t wait to see more!

April 11, 2018 at 10:05 am Reply
  • Susanne

What is not to love abut that inspiration!! I love boho style, it is so casual and free spirited, I can’t wait to follow along!!

April 11, 2018 at 1:17 pm Reply