How to use Vibrant Florals for Sweet, Enchanting Easter Table Decorations

Posted in HOLIDAYS, spring, TABLE SETTINGS, Tablescape
on March 21, 2018

Want to set a whimsical Easter table but want to keep the bunnies and chicks to a minimum? Here’s how to use vibrant florals in your Easter Table Decorations for a sweet, enchanting table.

Easter Table Decorations

Styling tablescapes throughout the year have become something I look forward to. Tablescapes are simple to put together, you can typically use what you have around the house, and I love how they help to immerse me in the holidays. There might be snow outside but inside; it’s all Easter! A few times a year I join  Chloe from Celebrate & Decorate for a Blog Hop where we all share our latest themed tablescape, and it’s time for our Spring Tablescape Blog Hop!

HOW TO USE VIBRANT FLORALS FOR SWEET ENCHANTING EASTER TABLE DECORATIONS

I’ve set a pastel Easter table setting, with vibrant tones,  to give you inspiration for your own Easter celebration. A little unusual for me, I stayed pretty traditional to Easter with the table setting but added a modern accent with the floral chandelier wreath full of color and romantic style.

THE ROOM

Easter Table Decorations - breakfast room

Easter Table Decorations - get your hop on 1

Although we usually have holiday meals in our dining room, Easter is typically more of a brunch for us – our breakfast area is lovely for that, with all kinds of natural light!

FLORAL CHANDELIER WREATH

Easter Table Decorations - 1

Easter Table Decorations - floral closeup

Easter Table Decorations - chandelier wreath

The pendant light above our table is precisely right for this look, with its graceful arms and I love how the wreath sits just below the shade, letting a little light peek out between, highlighting the blooms.
Spring to me is all about color as everything comes alive – reds, blues, corals, yellows, and pinks all blend with teardrop greenery.

The floral wreath is such an easy project that makes a huge impact! A floral chandelier wreath is lovely for any gathering where you want to add a bit of romance. I’ll be posting instructions on how you can make one tomorrow – be sure to drop by for that!

THE CENTERPIECE

Easter Table Decorations - centerpiece

Because of the grandiose nature of the wreath above the table, I kept the centerpiece simple. A paper mache bunny of white with a gold nose is surrounded by fresh blooms from my garden and a myriad of decorated eggs – some ornate, some simple.

THE TABLE COVERINGS

Easter Table Decorations - 2

I went with a natural table and a buffalo check table runner made from my napkin stash. I love how the blue adds a punch of color to the otherwise simple table covering and highlights the blues in the floral wreath.

THE PLACE SETTINGS

The settings are kept simple to not take away from the real stars of the table – the flowers.

Easter Table Decorations - Setting
You may recognize my DIY Painted-Pink dinner plates from our Christmas table. I’m still madly in love with them and have found them surprisingly versatile. Of course, in writing this I’ve realized that I’ve yet to share a tutorial on how I made them – I’m on it!

Simple white salad plates crown the pink dinnerware.

Easter Table Decorations - eye level

Tissue paper Egg Stands and decorative eggs are lovely for place markers. Get the tutorial here.

Easter Table Decorations - place marker

Royal blue napkins and vintage handkerchiefs tied with a tulle bow accented with a pretty butterfly clip complete the setting.

Easter Table Decorations - napkins

THE EXTRAS

We haven’t decided what we’ll be serving for brunch, but it will include refreshing fresh lemonade with lemon slices in tall glasses.

Easter Table Decorations - lemonade

And, of course, no Easter celebration is complete without hot cross buns!

Easter Table Decorations - hot cross buns

I can’t wait for Easter and the feeling of a new beginning that comes along with it. But mostly, I look forward to spending time with and making memories with my family.

Easter Table Decorations - get your hop on 2

Happy Easter and many thanks to Chloe at Celebrate & Decorate for organizing such a fun blog hop – always one of my favorite collaborations! Don’t forget to visit the other contributors – prepare to be wowed!

springtime tablescape 2018 image

Monday

spring bloghop day 1

Red Cottage Chronicles | Everyday Living | Belle Blue Interiors  | Home is Where The Boat Is | From My Carolina Home

Tuesday

spring blog hop - day 2

Life and Linda | Our Crafty Mom | Corner of Plaid and Paisley | The Little Yellow Corner Store

Wednesday

day 3

Bluesky at Home | Bluesky at Home | Bluesky at Home | At Home with Jemma | Knock it Off Kim

Thursday

day 4

Panoply My French Twist | Around my Table | Loveland Lodge

Friday

day 5

you may also like

Like this post? Enter your email address to get access to our freebie area and monthly newsletter! It’s non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

3a5623d36b2a5ae702d7282fd6f7de89dacfc1f2131018b1e6

egg stand Easter Decorations - feature
flower chandelier - FEATURE

• Jemma

Good Morning!
    What a glorious and delightful floral Easter table this is! Wow! Love these colors and the buffalo check place- mat, napkins and plates just tie it in all so beautifully.
    Happy Spring!
    Jemma

March 21, 2018 at 8:01 am Reply

Thanks so much, Jemma! The buffalo check pattern is one of my favorites. I can’t think of one place not to use it! Happy Spring!

March 22, 2018 at 7:52 pm Reply
  • Rita C at Panoply

Kim, what a genius idea in the chandelier! The table is lovely, but that chandelier most definitely steals the show! And what a show it is. I can’t wait to see your method of assembling it.

March 21, 2018 at 8:01 am Reply

Thank you, Rita! It really does steal the show – I’m going to be using it again for an upcoming party so it’s multi-purpose!

March 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm Reply
  • Carole at From My Carolina Home

Very pretty, Kim.

March 21, 2018 at 8:02 am Reply

thank you, Carole!

March 22, 2018 at 7:53 pm Reply
  • Jenna

Oh Kim I love this! First of all your chandy is fabulous!! And the tissue flower nests for eggs are just adorable! I love how you’ve tucked them in with the fresh blooms and lemonade dispenser. Please tell me you don’t actually use those beautiful napkins! Fabulous fun family brunch table, Happy Hopping and Happy Easter

March 21, 2018 at 8:56 am Reply

Thank you, Jenna. If only I lived in a home where I could just look at the napkins all of the time, but alas, we eat pizza and spaghetti and have kids who are still learning to use the napkin instead of an arm! I actually won the sweet handkerchiefs in a silent auction gift basket recently. They were just so adorable with this table, I couldn’t resist! They’ve been removed for real-life eating. Pizza and handkerchiefs don’t mix very well! ha! Or, maybe it’s kids and beautiful tablescapes?

March 22, 2018 at 7:57 pm Reply
  • Mary

I’m in love your floral chandelier! What a delight and wonderful pop of color it provides for spring and to set off your table. I’m beyond ready to #GetMyHopOn! (=’.’=)

March 21, 2018 at 8:59 am Reply
    • Kim

Hi Mary! You and I are both ready to get our hop on! Thank you so much for your kind words and for taking the time out to visit!

March 22, 2018 at 7:58 pm Reply
  • Bonnie Morgan

Your creative floral wreath for your chandelier is definitely your focal point. However, those hot cross buns do get your attention. They look delicious.
    Vibrant colors and patterns grab your attention to all your DIY projects that impress.

March 21, 2018 at 9:02 am Reply
  • Chloe Crabtree

There are so many wonderful things going on with this tablescape. I love how the bright bold colors stood out against the buffalo check table cloths. Your floral wreath under the light fixture is so beautifully done too.!

March 21, 2018 at 9:26 am Reply
  • Ann Krucek

Besides the great chandelier, I also love your tissue paper egg stands. You had me at the buffalo check though!! Your napkin treatment with the tule and butterfly is very pretty! Great ideas executed wonderfully!! Happy Spring!

March 21, 2018 at 10:15 am Reply
  • Maureen

Love it all, but your chandelier wreath is really spectacular! I hope you leave it up!! Really a beautiful spring tablescape that is spot-on with the colors, and the bunnies and the hot cross buns

March 21, 2018 at 10:38 am Reply
  • Kari

Kim, the flowers under the chandelier are to die for. I also like the bright colors and the tissue paper egg stands. Great job my fellow blog hopper….now if I could sit and have a cuppa along with a hot cross bun, I would be most happy.
    Kari @ Me and My Captain

March 21, 2018 at 1:49 pm Reply
  • Sandra L Garth

The chandy is amazing and I’m looking forward to the tutorial. Great choice of colors for your table, I love it all!

March 21, 2018 at 3:05 pm Reply
  • Linda

So sweet Kim. Loving the chandelier with all of those pretty flowers. Well done! Cute little sign spelling get your hop on. Each table setting has a darling name tag, using the tissue egg stands.

March 21, 2018 at 3:16 pm Reply
  • Donna Bianca

Your chandelier wreath is gorgeous!I can’t wait to know how to do it!

March 21, 2018 at 4:46 pm Reply
  • Caro at BlueskyatHome

Kim, OMG, that floral chandelier is amazing ~ a really showstopper. All the little Easter decorations are so cute ~ teh eggs, the place cards, the butterfly napkins rings. Such a creative, pretty table. Great to be on the Spring Tablescape Blog Hop with you.

March 21, 2018 at 7:50 pm Reply
  • Pam Richardson

Kim, the floral wreath for your chandy is the piece de resistance! It is breathtaking. The table complements the floral wreath perfectly! I love the tulle pink bows on the napkins! What a fun blog hop!

March 21, 2018 at 11:18 pm Reply
  • Shannon

What a beautiful and enchanting spring table! That floral chandelier is gorgeous and makes such a wonderful statement. Every detail of your table is so pretty and welcomes spring perfectly!

March 21, 2018 at 11:33 pm Reply
  • Christine

Oh Kim that floral chandy is beautiful and just makes the whole room. Your table is beautiful. I am seriously loving the vintage flatware and those eyelet napkins!

March 22, 2018 at 8:40 am Reply

Thanks so much, Christine! The flatware was my grandparent’s wedding silver – I try to use it whenever I can. Thanks so much for noticing it – it is really special to me. 🙂 Thank you for your sweet comments and for taking the time to visit!

March 22, 2018 at 9:40 pm Reply
  • wendy

#GetYourTalentOn Kim! That chandelier wreath rocks! I can’t wait to see your instructions for it. It caught my eye right away. I think it has an Anthropologie flair. I just love this so much.

March 22, 2018 at 4:32 pm Reply
    • Kim

Thanks so much, Wendy! I love your style so much – this is hugely flattering! Happy Spring!

March 22, 2018 at 9:38 pm Reply
  • Jenn

That floral centerpiece is stunning! So beautiful and bright for spring. I also love the navy check and all your sweet Easter touches.

March 23, 2018 at 9:22 am Reply
  • ariel

Dude! This is absolutely stunning! I have pinned everything!

March 23, 2018 at 10:04 am Reply
  • Karla Holley | Moderate Home

Everything on your table is lovely and it all comes together so well! I am digging that floral chandelier wreath!! Just gorgeous!

March 23, 2018 at 12:08 pm Reply
  • Michelle James

Wow! I’m blown away by the floral chandelier! It’s so creative and beautiful! Love the colorful touches on your table and look forward to seeing how you made the pink plates! Everything’s stunning!

March 25, 2018 at 11:27 pm Reply
  • marsha

Love, love, love your floral chandelier. It is so beautifully done and really is so stunning. Your use of the bright colors in the tablescape complements that of the chandelier. It is really unique to see bold patterns and textures paired with delicate pastels and fabric like tulle. It really adds so much more interest and detail. Your details are thought out, including the embellishment of your lemonade dispenser and butterfly napkin rings. The hot cross buns look so delicious. Happy Easter!

March 29, 2018 at 7:00 pm Reply