Home » How to Make your Sweetie Feel Special with a Romantic Valentine Table

No matter how much (or little) time you have to spend with your Valentine make it special with a chocolate fondue feast, a romantic table for two and stamped napkins that add sweet sentiment to your Valentine table.

valentine table

Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and I’m joining a group of bloggers for a Romantic Tablescape Blog Hop. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of this post for links to all of the other participants!

Do you have plans for Valentine’s Day? Every year, without fail, although we don’t do a ton of decorating, we have a Valentine Day party with the kids. We exchange little cards and candy and finish the day off with one or two of our favorite Rom-coms. As fun as that is, sometimes it would be nice to spend some time alone with just my Valentine. We’re so busy all of the time that it is hard to remember to take time for us.

valentine table for two

I think this year, on top of our usual party, maybe I’ll make something special just for us – After all, a shared disdain for Valentine’s Day resulted in the first funny conversation we ever had. And the rest, they say, is history!

I’m a dessert girl and haven’t gotten past the idea of chocolate fondue with fruit and pound cake, complete with a chilled glass of Prosecco, but I have figured out exactly how the table is going to look! I’ve also figured out the special message I’ll be sharing with my Valentine – hopefully, he knows he’s the love of my life, but just in case, I have a fun project to remind him and to share with you.

HOW TO MAKE SWEET STAMPED VALENTINE TABLE NAPKINS

These napkins are a snap to make with just a few materials.

materials - stamped napkins

You will Need:

• Fabric paint
  • Napkins or flour sack towels
  • Paint Brush
  • Stamps
  • Paper Plate

Squeeze a small amount of paint onto your paper plate.

stamped napkins - step 1

Spread the paint out into the size and shape of your stamp. You don’t want the paint to be swimming on the plate, but you don’t want enough that the stamp can pick it up.

stamped napkins - step 2 spread paint

Press your stamp face down into the paint.

stamped napkins - step 3 stamp paint

Press the paint side down onto your napkin or towel and press firmly.

Carefully peel the stamp off of the fabric.

SET THE TABLE

valentines table for two-fireplace

I placed the table by the fireplace, lit with candles for a soft, romantic glow and placed a sumptuous faux fur rug underfoot.

valentines table for two - from top

The table palette is soft creams and grays, with a simple centerpiece of greenery and white feathers.

valentine table for two-centerpiece

valentines table for two - cross my silverware

My sweet napkin sentiment is complete with a chocolate kiss topper.

stamped napkins - step 6 napkins

Often, when decorating the table, I use our everyday white stoneware, but for today’s setting, I pulled out the china. These sweet napkins deserved to have their moment, so I wrapped the silverware in gold and jute twine and crossed them – cross my heart!

valentines table for two -closeup setting

Dessert will be a scrumptious but simple fondue – A delicious platter of fresh fruit, marshmallows, key lime and pound cake bites for dipping into both white and dark chocolate.

valentines table for two-fondue

valentines table for two-marshmallow fondue

To round out our feast, we’ll treat ourselves to glasses of chilled Prosecco – a perfect ending to moment – for that’s about as much time as we’ll have before someone needs something!

valentine table for two-prosecco

With any luck,  we the kids will be well, it won’t be snowing, and we’ll get a few hours to ourselves to have a good giggle about that first Valentine’s Day. Either way, I hope my Valentine knows he’s the bee to my honey, the peanut butter to my jelly, the stars in my sky, and the love of my life!

How about you, what are your plans for Valentine’s Day?  Anything special you like to do with your Valentine?

Thanks so much to Chloe of Celebrate & Decorate for organizing another fun Tablescape Blog Hop! Be sure to click on the links below for more table inspiration this week:

romantic-tablescape-blog-hop-2018

Home and Gardening with Liz

Friday

From My Carolina Home
Me and My Captain
The Red Painted Cottage
Celebrate & Decorate

Enter your email address to get new post notification by email! It’s non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

24 comments

1. Bonnie Morgan says:

How fun to have a fondue dessert party! I’m impressed with your DIY napkins. Thanks for tutorial.
    I’m afraid when the kids see your treats they are going to want to be included!?

2. Ann Krucek says:

You fondue looks wonderful. That makes a fun dessert to share with the one you love. Hopefully your shared disdain for the day has turned into a fun day of laughing together again!! I love the stamped napkins, such a personal touch., nice tutorial for them. Enjoy!!

• admin says:

Hi Ann! Thankfully, we both enjoy Valentines Day now but making fun of the day certainly made it a great way to get to know someone. I hope you have a fabulous Valentines Day!

3. Liz says:

What a cute idea with the napkins! Setting the table by the fireplace is perfect for a romantic setting. The fondue is a great idea!

4. Jenna Meon says:

What a great idea for the napkins, and I didn’t know you could use paint for large stamps, so so cute! Chocolate fondue and proseco by the fire and a white furry rug, you can’t get any more romantic than that!

5. This is great. I love the fondue setup (those ♥ marshmallows! gotta get me some!), we are dessert people, too – every meal, including breakfast. 🙂 Your china is classic, and your sentiment shared is sweet.

6. Marsha says:

Your stamped napkins are such a great idea. I just love the sweet message on them. Fireside conversation makes for such a private and informal place to have a delicious fondue dessert and a chance to snuggle up to the warmth.

7. I adore those stamped napkins! The message on the stamp was so sweet. I also love the fun nature of this romantic table with the sweet fondue! It seems like you would really take your time and enjoy this dinner together.

8. Lori says:

What a nice set up you’ve created for your “fondue for two”! I really like the pretty tablecloth as a backdrop to the lovely place settings and fondue fixings. The stamped napkins are so unique and a great craft project to try. Hope you DO get to spend a few minutes with your sweetheart at this fabulous table!

9. Jemma says:

Just love your DIY napkins, so adorable! I love the idea of fondue and these heart shaped marshmallows are fabulous. Thank you for the inspiration and Happy Valentine’s Day week!

10. Shannon says:

This is such a sweet post. The special napkins you created are just perfect for the occasion. Nothing is better than a pretty table in front of fire with your special loved one. I hope you have a very Happy Valentine’s Day!!!

11. Pam Richardson says:

I love the special napkins and the sweet sentiment that you made. Dining fireside is always romantic. How fun is fondue for Valentine’s Day, especially when it is chocolate, pound cake, and those oh so cute marshmallows! Happy Valentine’s Day!

12. Maureen says:

You had me at fondue, but those adorable stamped napkins and the table by the fireplace had me hooked! I can so relate to all the years spent as a family when the kids were young, and I have to admit as the kids girl older and were doing “their own thing” I was more than a little happy!! None-the-less, Valentine’s Day is a day for love, and loving on your family is always special!!

13. ariel says:

Kim! Those napkins are such a great idea. I need to try printing on fabric more often. This is such a nice little table setting, the sheepskin on the floor makes me think you’ve got some other activities planned 😉 (kidding, not kidding hahaha)
    As always, a pleasure touring with you <3