11 responses

1. Melissa
    February 5, 2018

This looks amazing!!! I don’t even know which part is my favorite – the layered rugs, the lamps, that gorgeous shelving, or the coffee table. It looks like a completely different room and I love the fun eclectic vibe it has now. You did an amazing job and hopefully February will be much kinder to your fam! Gorgeous room!

February 10, 2018

Thank you SO much, Melissa! I’m so glad you are getting the eclectic vibe from the room that I was going for. February is already off to a great – and healthier – start! ha!

2. Erin- Lemons, Lavender, & Laundry
    February 6, 2018

I AM screaming with you!!! It looks amazing! I cannot believe everything you accomplished (even with so much going on). I absolutely LOVE the shelving around the opening to your kitchen. It works perfectly in the space. I feel like the room became “lighter”. Out with the chunkier furniture and onto hairpin legs a more open shelving unit. Looks incredible! Thank you so much for joining in another round of the challenge. Enjoy that space!

February 10, 2018

We should probably stop screaming – people may start to stare 😉 Thank you so much, Erin! It’s amazing how much bigger the room looks after taking away some of that bulk. It certainly is a pleasant place to be now! Thanks for such a great challenge – I can’t wait for the next round!

3. Patti
    February 6, 2018

Hi Kim,
    Your room look great. Sorry to hear that you’ve had so many obstacles but that’s life and you’ve done an amazing job none the less. It all ties together so well. I love the way you balanced light and dark pieces and tied them all in together with bold splashes of color. Great job!

4. the cape on the corner
    February 6, 2018

oh my gosh, WOW! i love the look of this space…and i feel your struggle as i was also working with 2 big brown couches and wanted a more collected look. well done!
    b

5. Beth
    February 10, 2018

Kim, I am DYING over this makeover! I can’t even believe the difference and all that you were able to do with the budget! I can’t wait to see those plans for the bookcases- I’ve been thinking about something like that for my living room! This is such an amazing makeover! Well done!

6. Meg Green With Decor
    February 11, 2018

Such a fun space!! I love that white console table and the coffee table! And those bookshelves! Such a perfect room for your family!

7. Emy
    February 12, 2018

Wow! I love how your living room turned out! That rug is gorgeous!! Very well done!

8. Meredith at The Palette Muse
    February 12, 2018

Oh my gosh Kim, I LOVE this. Eclectic can be hard to pull off but you’ve nailed it! I love the rug, and the shelves. And the fireplace, and all the accents. I could go on forever!

9. Roxanne
    February 14, 2018

Kim, this room turned out amazing! I love it ALL but especially that coffee table!! You really had a rough month, I hope things have calmed down over there!