Easy Ways to Spruce up Your Mantel for Summer

Posted in DECOR, summer
on May 23, 2017

Come along as I take my mantel decor from Spring to Summer!

“I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” —L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

Anne Shirley Knows Everything

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been thinking along the same lines as Anne Shirley of late, wondering what it would be like to always be June. I’m ready for summer to arrive with it’s long, lazy, sultry days. I long for mornings with nowhere, in particular, to get to, and late dinners on the porch, listening to the cicadas chirp. I’m eager to sample fruity, dripping popsicles, to visit county fairs, and enjoy days swimming at the lake, basking in the sun.

I’m ready for summer to arrive with it’s long, lazy, sultry days. I long for mornings with nowhere, in particular, to get to, and late dinners on the porch, listening to the cicadas chirp. I’m eager to sample fruity, dripping popsicles, to visit county fairs, and enjoy days swimming at the lake, basking in the sun. I wish it were here.

Sigh.

It’s not time yet

We have a few more weeks before we get to June – it’s a busy time filled with more activities than I can count. I know it’s still May, and I see the date on the calendar, but try as I might keep my head in the here and now, my mind is firmly in June.  The one bright spot to this? It may still technically be spring for a few more weeks, but that doesn’t mean my mantel has to say “spring”!

Lucky me, I’m teaming up with several of my blogging friends to bring you our Summer Mantel Decor. Lucky you, you’ll get oodles and oodles of mantel inspiration! Let’s get started.

I kept things super simple, adding pops of color and some of my favorite things.

Namaste.

In all truthfulness,  I wouldn’t love an endless summer vacation – there will come a day in the next few months when I will be yearning for boots and sweaters. But that day isn’t today. Today, I’m with Anne.

“All in all, it was a never to be forgotten summer — one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going — one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.” —L.M. Montgomery, Anne’s House of Dreams

I’m looking forward to a fabulous memory- making summer! In the meantime, be sure to visit my friends for more inspiration!

;

• Tee at Beauteeful Living

I’m loving that namaste cat figurine! What a fun summer mantel you’ve created. That bird cage is adorable too. Thanks for sharing, Kim.

May 23, 2017 at 8:35 am Reply

Thank you, Tee! I love it too. Thanks for stopping by!

May 26, 2017 at 6:11 pm Reply
  • morgan

I love this spruce up but I have to disagree – I could get behind an endless summer 😀

May 23, 2017 at 9:28 am Reply

Thank you, Morgan! I always think I can at the beginning of the summer but I can’t stand being hot. And, I love, love, love great boots. If I could wear boots in the summer I’d be right with you!

May 26, 2017 at 6:11 pm Reply
  • Tara at Lehman lane

I am with you I can’t wait till summer and that Anne of green gables quotes is def one of my favs!!!

May 23, 2017 at 4:28 pm Reply

I knew I liked you for a reason, Tara – besides your gorgeous home! Anne is a bit of a favorite around here, too!

May 26, 2017 at 6:09 pm Reply
  • Amy

I love your mantel! I’m also with you on the yearning for boots and scarves come fall!

May 24, 2017 at 12:02 pm Reply

I know you love them as much as I do! We are on the same wardrobe calendar. 🙂

May 26, 2017 at 6:08 pm Reply
  • Bre

Aw, what a beautifully-written post! I enjoyed your words as much as the photos of your pretty decor. Thanks for conjuring up all of the beauty that summer has to offer.

May 25, 2017 at 3:01 pm Reply

Thanks so much, Bre! That’s so sweet of you to say – I just can’t wait for it to get here. 🙂

May 26, 2017 at 5:45 pm Reply
  • Michelle James

This is such a great Summer Mantel Kim! I really adore the namaste cat!! The quote is also one of my faves. 🙂

May 26, 2017 at 2:32 pm Reply
  • Meg Green With Decor

Love all of your summery touches, and I really love the bird cage! I’m ready for a memory-making summer, too, I like that thought!

May 30, 2017 at 1:47 pm Reply

We’ll be making memories in just over a month! Can’t wait!

May 30, 2017 at 10:37 pm Reply
  • Samantha

So pretty! I love the prints on either side of the tv! Love the quote at the end!

May 30, 2017 at 2:32 pm Reply

Thanks so much, Samantha! I always end up with prints of some sort on either side that I hope takes the focus away from the black hole that is the TV over the fireplace. Someday, I’ll live in a house with more than one fireplace and at least one will be mine, all mine, to decorate! A girl can dream, right?

May 30, 2017 at 10:38 pm Reply
  • Emily

I’m with Anne, too! June is one of my favorite months (and not just because it is my birthday month!). I am loving your namaste cat too, along with the rest of your summery mantel 🙂

May 31, 2017 at 11:32 pm Reply