Easy Ways to Spruce up Your Summer Mantel Decor

Blog post

Have you got an hour? Heat-up your mantel decor and set the scene for the lazy days of summer with vibrant summertime accents and color!

easy summer mantel decor

“I wonder what it would be like to live in a world where it was always June.” —L.M. Montgomery, Anne of the Island

Anne Shirley Knows Everything

I don’t know about you, but I’ve been thinking along the same lines as Anne Shirley of late, wondering what it would be like to always be June. I’m ready for summer to arrive with it’s long, lazy, hot days. I long for mornings with nowhere, in particular, to get to, and late dinners on the porch, listening to the cicadas chirp. I’m eager to sample fruity, dripping popsicles, to visit county fairs, and enjoy days swimming at the lake, basking in the sun.

Sigh.

It’s not time yet

We have a few more weeks before we get to June – it’s a busy time filled with more activities than I can count. I know it’s still May, and I see the date on the calendar, but try as I might keep my head in the here and now, my mind is firmly in June.  The one bright spot to this? It may still technically be spring for a few more weeks, but that doesn’t mean my mantel decor has to say “spring”!

mantel decoration

Lucky me, I’m teaming up with several of my blogging friends to bring you our Summer Mantel Decor. Lucky you, you’ll get oodles and oodles of mantel decor inspiration! Let’s get started.

Summer Mantel Decor Inspiration

I kept things super simple, adding pops of color and some of my favorite things.

summer decor for fireplace

Namaste.

In all truthfulness,  I wouldn’t love an endless summer vacation – there will come a day in the next few months when I will be yearning for boots and sweaters. But that day isn’t today. Today, I’m with Anne.

“All in all, it was a never to be forgotten summer — one of those summers which come seldom into any life, but leave a rich heritage of beautiful memories in their going — one of those summers which, in a fortunate combination of delightful weather, delightful friends and delightful doing, come as near to perfection as anything can come in this world.” —L.M. Montgomery, Anne’s House of Dreams

I’m looking forward to a fabulous memory-making summer! In the meantime, be sure to visit my friends for more inspiration!

knockitoffkim.com projects

OTHER FUN SUMMER PROJECTS

How to Make Pineapple Decor for your Home for just $1

pineapple decor - candle holder closeup

How to Make a Floral Clutch Bag for Spring in 10 Minutes or Less

floral clutch bag_pin

• Tee at Beauteeful Living

May 23, 2017 at 8:35 am

I’m loving that namaste cat figurine! What a fun summer mantel you’ve created. That bird cage is adorable too. Thanks for sharing, Kim.

1. admin

May 26, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Thank you, Tee! I love it too. Thanks for stopping by!

• morgan

May 23, 2017 at 9:28 am

I love this spruce up but I have to disagree – I could get behind an endless summer 😀

1. admin

May 26, 2017 at 6:11 pm

Thank you, Morgan! I always think I can at the beginning of the summer but I can’t stand being hot. And, I love, love, love great boots. If I could wear boots in the summer I’d be right with you!

• Tara at Lehman lane

May 23, 2017 at 4:28 pm

I am with you I can’t wait till summer and that Anne of green gables quotes is def one of my favs!!!

1. admin

May 26, 2017 at 6:09 pm

I knew I liked you for a reason, Tara – besides your gorgeous home! Anne is a bit of a favorite around here, too!

• Amy

May 24, 2017 at 12:02 pm

I love your mantel! I’m also with you on the yearning for boots and scarves come fall!

1. admin

May 26, 2017 at 6:08 pm

I know you love them as much as I do! We are on the same wardrobe calendar. 🙂

• Bre

May 25, 2017 at 3:01 pm

Aw, what a beautifully-written post! I enjoyed your words as much as the photos of your pretty decor. Thanks for conjuring up all of the beauty that summer has to offer.

1. admin

May 26, 2017 at 5:45 pm

Thanks so much, Bre! That’s so sweet of you to say – I just can’t wait for it to get here. 🙂

• Michelle James

May 26, 2017 at 2:32 pm

This is such a great Summer Mantel Kim! I really adore the namaste cat!! The quote is also one of my faves. 🙂

• Meg Green With Decor

May 30, 2017 at 1:47 pm

Love all of your summery touches, and I really love the bird cage! I’m ready for a memory-making summer, too, I like that thought!

1. admin

May 30, 2017 at 10:37 pm

We’ll be making memories in just over a month! Can’t wait!

• Samantha

May 30, 2017 at 2:32 pm

So pretty! I love the prints on either side of the tv! Love the quote at the end!

1. admin

May 30, 2017 at 10:38 pm

Thanks so much, Samantha! I always end up with prints of some sort on either side that I hope takes the focus away from the black hole that is the TV over the fireplace. Someday, I’ll live in a house with more than one fireplace and at least one will be mine, all mine, to decorate! A girl can dream, right?

• Emily

May 31, 2017 at 11:32 pm

I’m with Anne, too! June is one of my favorite months (and not just because it is my birthday month!). I am loving your namaste cat too, along with the rest of your summery mantel 🙂