How to make this vibrant unique Spring Wreath (from book pages!)

Starting to think about Spring decor? Start by inexpensively updating the front door with a shot of color in the form of something floral, like this book page floral wreath!

I have a wreath for nearly every season and emotion – I have an adorable Spring Wreath that I’ve put out for the past few years. However, I get bored so quickly that I need to change things up every few years and I was ready for something different. I’ve been eyeing up the gorgeous spring wreaths that seem to be everywhere these days, although I can never bring myself to buy one. I always seem to have that internal conversation going on that says, “I could make that.” because in my head I can make anything. #IthinkImMcGyverbutneverMartha

So, for the March Create with Me DIY Challenge I decided to prove that fact – that I could make oneThis fun challenge is where you, our readers, vote on the materials we’ll use for next month’s projects, so be sure to scroll to the very last bit of this post to vote for your favorite and get a peek at what my friends came up with before you go. For past challenges, check out the Create with Me menu. This month’s challenge was to create something using book pages. How can wreaths and book pages coincide, you ask? Let me show you!

HOW TO MAKE A SPRING BOOK PAGE FLORAL WREATH

Here is what you’ll need:

Print out the Pattern

Print out and cut your flower pattern, then trace your design onto the book pages. I used my Cricut for this, but it’s really and truly not necessary. I’m just lazy. The sheets are so thin you could cut multiple pages at one time. You’ll need two flowers and two leaves per bloom.

Paint the leaf cut-outs – you’ll paint the flowers shortly. I used watercolors because I wanted the colors to be vibrant but still sheer enough that the text would be visible.

While the leaves dry, begin assembling your flowers following these instructions:

Create the stem

Bend a hook in a 9″ piece of floral wire and cut a 2″x2″ square from the foil. Place a hot glue dot into the center of the foil and wrap the foil around the hook in the wire, creating a bulb.

Step 2: Add petals

Gently curl the edges of two flower petals up, then putting a dab of glue along the bottom edge of the foil bulb, press the stem through the center of the smaller of the two flower petals, pushing up to adhere the petal to the bottom of the flower bulb.

Shape flower

Attach the petals up and around the bulb, alternating petals as you go around, securing underneath with glue. Add larger petal in the same fashion, pressing the stem through the center and repeat attaching the petals.

Paint the Blooms

Your flowers are now ready for painting. I painted my flowers with watercolor shades of orange, reds, pinks, and yellows and stood them to dry in a cup before winding and gluing twine to cover the metal stem and attaching the leaves.

Arrange the Flowers on the Wreath

Lay your flowers out on your wreath form, bending to follow the curve of the twig branches and secure with glue. The flowers are so light that I did not wire them to the wreath, but you may wish to do this.

Clear Coat for Protection

Give the entire wreath and flowers a light coat of clear to protect everything from the elements.

Hang and enjoy!

I love how vibrant the colors of the flowers are. The print showing through gives what could be an ordinary wreath so much uniqueness – I’m so excited by how it turned out and can’t wait to hang it on the door. It’s the perfect start to my spring decor!

Now, we need YOUR help! Take the survey below and tell me what you want to Create with Me for March!

Images via Amazon.com & Michaels.com

Create your own user feedback survey

If you can’t see the survey CLICK HERE!

DIY Planter from Book pages via Making Joy and Pretty Things

Book Page Flowers via Two Purple Couches

Easy Book Page Art via Little Bits of Home

Paper Tulip Wreath via Knock it Off Kim

Easter Book Page Banner via My Life from Home

Book Page Easter Egg Wreath via Our Crafty Mom

Enter your email address to get new post notification by email! It’s non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

• Stephanie

This is adorable, and doesn’t look to hard to make at all! I have to find some pages I can cut up, but great idea!

March 7, 2017 at 12:21 pm Reply

Thank you! It really is a fun and simple project – there is something very therapeutic about making paper flowers in bright colors. I hope you’ll get a chance to make one for yourself!

March 7, 2017 at 3:49 pm Reply
  • hal

This is such an amazing idea with the book pages – I love it!

March 7, 2017 at 12:51 pm Reply

I’m so glad you like it! Thank you!

March 7, 2017 at 3:48 pm Reply
  • Michelle

This is such a beautiful wreath Kim! Very unique idea & I love the colors!!

March 7, 2017 at 1:19 pm Reply

Thanks so much, Michelle! It reminds me Spring is on the way.. even if it is supposed to snow on Friday! 😉

March 7, 2017 at 3:47 pm Reply
  • Valerie

Love the colors you used and I never would have guessed that you used book pages!

March 7, 2017 at 4:27 pm Reply

Oh wow, that’s quite the compliment – thanks! The colors remind me of spring.. it’s a good reminder!

March 8, 2017 at 5:02 pm Reply
  • Heather | Craft and Tell

Kim! This is the cutest idea!! I am seriously going to have to make my own.

March 7, 2017 at 6:43 pm Reply

Thank you, Heather! Shoot me a picture if you do make one! I’d love to see your spin on it.

March 8, 2017 at 5:03 pm Reply
  • Emily

Kim, this is incredible! I love how your flowers turned out, I love the watercolor effect, I love every bit of this!!

March 8, 2017 at 4:34 pm Reply

Thanks, Emily! I just love that we get to do this challenge together every month!

March 8, 2017 at 5:04 pm Reply
  • Sarah

Such a beautiful wreath!! I love all the bright colors. It definitely reminds me of Spring 🙂

March 8, 2017 at 9:14 pm Reply
  • Megan Marco Style

So pretty and unique!

March 11, 2017 at 1:52 pm Reply

Thanks so much, Megan, and thanks for visiting!

March 12, 2017 at 9:21 am Reply
  • Samantha

So beautiful! I love the colors! I’m super impressed that this all came from book pages!!

March 16, 2017 at 10:29 am Reply