Making-over your small bathroom? This post is full of small modern bathroom inspiration! Come along as I transform my traditional style bathroom into a chic modern bathroom style!
These small bathroom decor ideas can help you to transform your powder room from a traditional style to a modern bathroom design on a $100 budget!
Hi, friends! Thanks so much for taking a walk down memory lane with me during my Best and Missed of 2016! It’s always so fun for me to take a moment to see all that we were able to accomplish over the year. After putting away all of the Holiday decorations, everything in my home looks a bit empty. Those spaces I’ve been putting off tackling are even more evident to me now that I’ve fewer pretty distractions. I’m so ready to jump feet first into the New Year and new projects!
But, of course, it’s January. January is right smack-dab in-between the Fall One Room Challenge and the Spring One Room Challenge, times when I’d be taking on full room projects. This could be a good thing or a bad thing, depending on how you look at it. But, given that we just finished with Christmas, I’m choosing to look at it as a very, very good thing! I have plenty of time to participate in this month’s $100 Room Challenge, hosted by Erin of Lemons, Lavender, and Laundry! Scroll to the bottom of this post for the full list of everyone who is participating, as well as the rooms they’ll be making over.
If you’re looking for the full story on what exactly a $100 Room Challenge is, Erin spells it out clearly, but I’ll give you the paraphrased version. Pick a room. Make the room over in one month. Spend no more than $100.
Small Modern Bathroom Inspiration
You guys, I’m SO EXCITED!
I decided to tackle my powder room – Lordy, does it need help!
This room has been a work in progress for some years.
I repainted the vanity a few years ago, and we replaced the sink and counter, as well as the hardware, and we’ve painted it recently, but the room has no character at all – save for that Christmas hand towel that apparently got left behind in the Christmas decoration purge! Oops!
In addition to being the bathroom our guests use #embarassing, my children also use this bathroom to do their hair – teen girls – and brush their teeth. Apparently, an entire football team cleans their teeth at this sink with all of those toothbrushes!
It’s also our storage for first aid, Halloween make-up, and a million other things bathroom related that we’re too lazy to lug upstairs. With all of that, there isn’t nearly enough storage. And, yes, that is toothpaste on the floor.
Excuse the mess – this is real life!
WHAT WE NEED TO DO
- Add some bold pattern to the walls – I’d love to wallpaper, but I don’t think that’s going to be in my budget. Perhaps a stenciled pattern instead.
- Find a better solution for toothbrushes and hand towels. Maybe shelves over the toilet?
- Organize- We do not have a medicine cabinet anywhere in the house, but we do have a significant amount of unused space behind the bathroom door that could be put to good use for this purpose! Purging can’t hurt either.
- Change the artwork – I love the birds and may keep them, but I would like artwork with a little more presence.
- Replace the trash can, toothbrush holder, and towel bar.
- Create storage for hair products.
- Consider replacing the rug – I love the carpet, but I may end up replacing it if it doesn’t go with the wall treatment.
- Change the lighting – It’s not awful, but if it’s in the budget I’d love to do something fun and funky with mini pendants.
- Paint the vanity
- Update the mirror
With a budget of $100 I’m going to have to get creative, I’m going to have to be crafty, and I’m going to have to be much more careful on what and where I spend my money. Can you say no vanilla lattes?
*This post may contain affiliate links for your convenience. Click here to read my full disclosure statement.
Here’s what I’m thinking – It’s either going to be this:
|Succulent Print – Minted // Umbra Wall Planters – Amazon // Mirror – Walmart // Hand Towels – Amazon // Rug – Amazon|
Each week for the next four weeks I’ll be sharing my progress with you – I hope you’ll follow along! So, without further adieu, let’s get this party started!
If you would like to follow along with the $100 Room Challenge, you can subscribe via email HERE and never miss a post.
You can also find me on Social Media.