5 Ways to Make Your Home Holiday Ready for Christmas

Holiday_Ready-Feature
5 tips for making your home holiday ready this Christmas. We’re sharing our favorite ideas to ensure you spend less time readying your home and more enjoying the things that matter most!

SimplySeasonalHolidayEditionCollage

Hello! Are you as excited about this holiday season as I am? I’m so happy to be taking part in the holiday edition Simply Seasonal blog series! I’m teaming up with a fantastic group of bloggers to help make your holiday season a little more manageable by each sharing our favorite ideas to ensure you spend less time getting your home holiday ready and more time enjoying the things that matter most!

If you’re visiting from Recreated Designs, welcome, and the Merriest of Christmas’ to you! Let me tell you a little bit about myself and this blog! My favorite things are cookies, holidays, DIY, decorating and my family. My small family of seven (ha!), along with our shit zhu, Tito, who thinks he’s a human, moved into this house about nine years ago. The first few years we spent most of our time keeping everyone alive – five is a fair number of kids. After being relatively successful with that, we decided to tackle a few DIY projects. Since then, little by little, we’ve been making this home truly our own! I hope you’ll stay and look around – If you’re so inclined, please check out the myriad of projects in the project library

5 Tips on How to Make Your Home Holiday Ready

I’ve been known to go a little overboard when decorating for holidays, but I’m proactively working on keeping things more simple than I have in the past. We love a real Christmas tree and try to begin readying our home the weekend after Thanksgiving. We spend a lot of time picking out our tree to be sure we find a tree that we love.

When it comes to Christmas decorating, I tend to mix things up, while incorporating heirloom items. I like to use neutrals but throw in splashes of color and bling to bring out the excitement of the holidays. I also love to incorporate comfort items such as knit blankets and fur throws and pillows.

holidayhomethrowpillows

Here are 5 things I do to make my holiday season enjoyable and straightforward:

1. Start and stay organized! Set a budget, carry a list and shop online as much as possible.
  2. Skip the white and embrace the colored lights once in a while. Christmas should be fun!
  3. Plan meals in advance to manage a hectic schedule.
  4. Feel free to say “no”. Make sure you have time for yourself and just for being with your family.
  5. Embrace traditions – they are what makes a family, and they are what you and your children will remember always.

I’ll be sharing a full home tour this coming Monday, but here is a sneak peek into our holiday home!
holiday ready - santa

holiday ready - stockings by mantel
holiday ready - pompom stocking tag
holiday ready - mantel ideas

Be sure to hop on over to The Interior Maven to hear how she readies her home for the holidays. I’ve added a link to everyone else participating {and the day they post}, so you can be sure to check out all the fabulous blogs in this series.

myholidayhome

Monday, December 5

Organize Nashville | Creatively Homespun | At Home with Zan |Uncookie Cutter

Tuesday, December 6

Timeless Creations | Craftivity Designs | Green with DecorMy Life from Home | Two Purple CouchesOld House to New Home

Wednesday, December 7

Our Crafty Mom A Purdy Little House | Roots North & SouthPender & Peony | Organize & Decorate Everything

Thursday, December 8

Flourish & Knot | Rocky Mountain Bliss | Pocketful of PosiesRecreated Designs | Knock it Off Kim |The Interior MavenLittle Bits of Home

Friday, December 9

Love My Simple Home | Brooklyn Berry Designs | Simple Nature Decor2 Bees in a Pod | Country Design Style | Finding Your Joy in The Journey

Enter your email address to subscribe for non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

• Sue Purdy

December 10, 2016 at 9:24 am

Beautiful tree and those stocking are adorable. It's been wonderful hopping with you. Merry Christmas.

• Findingyourjoyinthejourney.com

December 10, 2016 at 12:36 pm

beautiful home. I love your tips for the holidays. They are definitely something I think about every year.

• Jennifer Fenton

December 10, 2016 at 2:26 pm

Your stockings are absolutely adorable. Your home is beautiful and so festive! Merry Christmas!
    Vicki and Jenn
    2 Bees in a Pod

• Caroline Dilbeck

December 10, 2016 at 6:30 pm

I love your colorful tree and the stocking ornaments are so adorable!! Thanks for coming along on the hop. Merry Christmas!

• Uncookie Cutter

December 11, 2016 at 1:37 pm

I wish I was there :(. I miss you guys! Love all your projects and tips. The house looks beautiful! Pinning!

• Meg – Green With Decor

December 11, 2016 at 9:06 pm

Your house looks so festive!! I love the tree and those stocking tags. And the fun trees on the dining room table! Merry Christmas!

• Creatively Homespun

December 12, 2016 at 6:43 pm

EEEE!!! I love those stockings!!! I think they are soooo fun!! Thanks for joining in the hop! It's so nice to "meet" you! xo Shared and Pinned!

• Michelle James

December 13, 2016 at 10:55 am

I am in love with those stockings too, but the pinecone trees knocked my socks off! They are gorgeous! Beautiful home tour!

• At Home With Zan

December 13, 2016 at 4:18 pm

Oooh, the sneak-peaks look so lovely already. Thanks for sharing these tips – planning holiday meals ahead is such a huge time saver,too.

• Craftivity Designs

December 13, 2016 at 4:57 pm

Your bright colors are so fun and fresh! I love that you suggest to embrace colored lights 🙂 I'm with you!

• Julie Nichols

December 13, 2016 at 7:04 pm

I love how used color in your home, so fun and festive. Your Christmas tree is pretty and I like your tip about embracing family traditions.
    Julie @ Love My Simple Home

• Sarah Burnell

December 14, 2016 at 3:14 pm

Your home looks lovely and bright! And I agree about staying organized and on-budget. There is not point to creating financial stress over decorations – it's simply not as important as being with loved ones and enjoying the holidays! 🙂

• Emily @ Two Purple Couches

December 15, 2016 at 10:27 pm

Kim, I LOVE your holiday home! There so much color and texture. Your stockings are my favorite! I hope you enjoy a wonderful Christmas with your family!

• Samantha

January 19, 2017 at 11:04 pm

Your home is so fun and festive! Love your stockings and those pinecone trees! 😉