Fall 2016 One Room Challenge – Reveal – Game Room

Today is the day! Today is the day! I’m SO excited to be sharing my Game room ideas with you and showing you our completed room! Just writing that statement helps me breathe just a wee bit better – who knew I’d been holding my breath for the entire past six weeks of the Fall version of the One Room Challenge?
All I can say is get ready for eye candy galore as the 20 participants, and the 200+ linking participants all share the results of their sweat and tears! It’s going to get crazy!
A quick review for those of you who may be new here; We’ve been willing and excited participants in our second round – we made over our dining room into a multi-purpose space in the first round –  of the One Room Challenge hosted by Calling It Home. We have been feverishly transforming our over-the-garage bonus room, with dormered ceilings, from its most recent use as a classroom and media room into an inviting and dramatic – in all the best ways – Game Room.
If you’d like to catch up on our journey, in all its drama and glory, from the beginning you can start here:
I can’t even begin to tell you all that I learned during this challenge, and am incredibly proud and excited every single time I walk by the doorway to what is now my favorite room in the house!
Enough talking! On to the ridiculous number of pictures!

GAME ROOM IDEAS

This game room seating transforms into a full-sized sofa bed

Tiffany Stained glass tyle Art Deco Decor Lamp
All designs are inspired by something. This lamp inspired the design for this game room. It was my mother’s, and I’ve not had a home for it since the day I brought it home. I’ve always thought it would be perfect in a game room. You may say that I’ve been planning this room for over 10+ years! A little bit art deco with a whole lot of glamor, I’m so happy this lamp has finally found a home!

To say this room turned out exactly how I’d hoped would be an understatement. It is precisely the vision I had in my head after I finally made up my mind what I wanted, and I can’t be more excited to call it mine!

Let’s not forget the before –

– And our to-do list with everything. Crossed. off. I know. I don’t know how it happened either, but let’s just go with it.

1. Built-in storage bench seating with bookshelves
  2. Add a built-in snack bar with wine and spirits area
  3. Add a built-in Media cabinet for a TV and other components
  4. Create an organized craft-supply closet
  5. Bold geometric wallpaper
  6. Board and Batten wall trim throughout
  7. Dart Board
  8. Black Gloss Ceiling
  9. Convertible sofa or sofa bed
  10. Move and re-felt the pool table
  11. Finish attic space to act as storage and a fun secret hideout

Thank you for all of your support through this past six crazy weeks. It’s been a journey full of a genuine labor of love, way too much take-out and not nearly enough laundry getting done! Your comments and encouragement helped more than you know! I’ll be back next Thursday with a complete source list where I got the green sofa.

Now, I’ll give my usual end of ORC speech and then I’m off for a nap!

Want to start from the beginning?

Special thanks to Wallpaper Boulevard and Wagner Tools for their support!

knockitoffkim.com projects

Enter your email address to subscribe for non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

** Photos by the lovely and talented Shannon Nuckols. You are the absolute best! To my husband, and partner in DIYing – sometimes by choice – the most love and thank yous for your unending and tireless pursuit of making my dreams come true. You’re crazy – not only do you buy into my ideas but you participate in them. That’s why you’re my favorite! And to my dearest April of Uncookie Cutter – for the endless calls, texts, face times during this project and many others – what would I do without you to call names and speak obscenities with? Thank you. You make this whole blogging thing a whole lot of fun!

• Uncookie Cutter

November 10, 2016 at 5:11 am

Woo-hoo!!! Looks fantastic Kim!! All the hand work paid off, it's amazing!

• My Life From Home Blog

November 10, 2016 at 4:50 pm

Wow! It looks amazing. You thought of everything. I love all the bright colors and patterns. What a stunning mix. Great job!!

• Jeannee

November 10, 2016 at 5:35 pm

Kim,
    How eclectically fabulous! I love the art, the bright colors and the cherry on top is the fabulous Bar/snack closet! Your my hero! Love your Game room!
    Jeannee | Shepherds and Chardonnay

• Jennifer Fancher

November 10, 2016 at 7:58 pm

What a fun game room!! I absolutely love all the textures in this room!! Awesome job!!

• Emily @ Two Purple Couches

November 10, 2016 at 11:07 pm

Kim, your game room is fabulous!! That wallpaper!!!! I am swooning over here! I love all of your glam, eclectic touches – this space is perfectly you 🙂

• The Honeycomb Home

November 11, 2016 at 2:37 am

Kim, this turned out amazing! I love the wall moldings, the wallpapered ceilings, and that green couch!!! I'm sure you guys will be spending tons of time in here! GREAT job!!!

• The Home I Create

November 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm

Wow what an amazing space! The green couch and wallpaper is awesome!

• Meg – Green With Decor

November 12, 2016 at 5:15 pm

Omg, Kim this is soooo good!! I love that 'welcome to the party' sign, I may have to find a space for one in my house! That closet is so organized and perfect! And I love the ceiling!! And that green couch! I could go on and on 🙂 Enjoy it!!

• Colette Wright

November 12, 2016 at 10:26 pm

love the molding AND those pillows!!! so fab!

• Emy Flint

November 12, 2016 at 10:31 pm

I love this room! The wallpaper looks so pretty with the sofa! Beautiful!

• Kristin

November 14, 2016 at 12:21 am

Love it, especially all your little details.

• Lemons, Lavender, & Laundry

November 15, 2016 at 2:23 pm

Oh my! That ceiling! What a fun space.

• Nicki Parrish

November 15, 2016 at 6:29 pm

Great transformation! I love your choice of bold colors,and I bet hanging that wallpaper at that angle was a blast! It looks great though!

• Jenny Leads – Refresh Living

November 16, 2016 at 1:10 am

What a great space for your family! I love how your mother's lamp inspired the whole space that is now completely transformed. It doesn't even look like the same room!

• Maria Brittis

November 17, 2016 at 2:33 am

Great space, as I said earlier, this is a family friendly space and very elegant too.
    Maria