Hey, lovelies! Thanks so much for all of the love on my simple DIY Halloween shirt. How is it that Halloween is just a few days away?!
Time is flying by.. especially in One Room Challenge land! I can’t believe we are in week four! Ahhh!!
Although we’ve been working our hineys off, or maybe because we’ve been working our hineys off – and because we celebrated not only our anniversary AND hosted our annual Halloween party – I’m a week behind in sharing my progress! I’m playing catch-up this week with progress from week three and four!
In case you missed week two, we are once again a willing and excited linking participant in the One Room Challenge hosted by Calling It Home. We are feverishly making over what we hope will be an inviting and dramatic – in all the best ways – Game Room. For those of you who are new here and visiting from Calling It Home, welcome! I’m so glad to meet you, and I hope you’ll take a look around! #wave
We got to work, removing three trusses and relocating them on the other side of the door. We added a support beam to ensure the integrity of the ceiling. Next came the floor, light with a pull-cord, and finally the paneling. Our doorway is still relatively small, and we did end up having to cut our panels for both the flooring and the walls before putting them through, but not until after we’d gotten them good and stuck.
You can’t blame us for trying.
The new door was made with a piece of 3/4″ plywood, with basic brass hinges. To ensure the door would be hidden within the board and batten, I added a spring-loaded magnet closure. The closure was inexpensive and just perfect for what I need!
I’m so happy with how this little-unexpected project turned out. We didn’t know how much we needed the storage until we had it!
In other news, we’re working our way around the room, installing the board and batten trim.
We’ve added the built-in, something of a floating console table, over and behind where the sofa will eventually be.
Speaking of couches, the sofa is hopefully going to arrive in just a few days! I hope!
The snack/wine bar is built and will be installed tomorrow.
I finally got a chance to try out my new paint sprayer graciously given to me by Wagner. I think I’m pretty much in love and-and beyond graceful for their sponsorship. Just thinking of painting all of that trim by hand is enough to make me want to eat an entire batch of cookies.
All in all, it’s been a productive few weeks, despite the fact that I didn’t cross anything off my list – at least not something that was on it originally! Ah well, I’m going with it. Here is where we are at:
- Built-in storage bench seating with bookshelves
- Add a built-in snack bar with wine and spirits area
- Add a built-in Media cabinet for a TV and other components
- Create an organized craft-supply closet
- Bold geometric wallpaper
- Board and Batten wall trim throughout
- Dart Board
- Black Gloss Ceiling
- Convertible sofa or sofa bed
- Move and re-felt the pool table
- Finish attic space to act as storage and a fun secret hide-out
Historically, this is the week that I start to panic and fall apart a bit. I’m pretty good in stressful situations – at least until I find myself in multiple stressful situations at the same time, which is the case these days. Calgon, Take me away!
If you’re looking for more ORC fun, you might want to take a look at these!
|Spring ORC – Dining/Play Room – Week 2|
|Spring ORC – Dining Table|