DIY Halloween T-Shirt with Ghost Elbow Patches

Posted in DIY, HOLIDAYS, SEWING, SILHOUETTE PROJECTS
on October 13, 2016

Learn how to make this adorable Halloween shirt with iron-on ghost elbow patches for your favorite ghoul or goblin for a fun holiday look!

Halloween shirt Ghost elbow patch

Hi, Friends! Thanks for all of your sweet and encouraging comments on my One Room Challenge post last week! Making over this game room has me crazy busy! Taking on such a short term project is SO fun, but it’s not for the faint of heart for sure. Still, I’m not too busy to slide in a quick Silhouette Halloween craft with this fun Halloween t-shirt idea, and I hope you like it! Thank you to Cat from Pocketful of Posies for organizing this monthly challenge! This ghostly garment was a request of my tweenager – something she saw on Pinterest – you’re never too old for Halloween, and I’m always up for recreating a Pinterest creation!

How to Make a Halloween Shirt with Ghost Elbow Patches

It’s been mostly about Fall decor around here, but we’ve managed to slide just the teeniest bit of Halloween decorating in. With our annual Halloween party coming up I’d better get cracking on changing that! Just because the house isn’t looking too Halloween-y, doesn’t mean the rest of us can’t and this cute tee makes it so easy to do so!

DIY Iron-on Halloween Shirt

I started with an inexpensive solid black $8 shirt from Walmart and used printable iron-on vinyl for dark fabric for the ghost, which was already white.

The ghost graphic came from Silhouette and was $.79 once I applied the current Halloween discount of 25% off!

Diy Halloween Shirt

After importing it into my project, it was relatively straightforward and just required cutting.

Once cut, I peeled the vinyl from the backing and applied it to the shirt.

Iron on Halloween T Shirt

I covered the iron-on with parchment and an ironing cloth and used a hot iron (set to cotton without steam) to adhere the ghost. Be careful not to scorch the vinyl!

DIY Halloween Tee
Halloween Ghost TShirt

And that is all there is to it. One point for mom!

Cheap Halloween T-Shirts
Elbow Patch Shirt
Halloween-Ghost-Elbow-Patch

Enter your email address to subscribe for non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

Be sure to stop by and visit the other Fall-o-ween projects from my friends!

Halloween Shirts

If you like this project, you may also like these!

DIY Lighted Haunted House Canvas
Paper Mache Halloween Decor
diy peacock costume

Don’t forget it! Pin it!

Simple DIY Halloween Shirt

• Amy Dowling

Adorable!! I bet your daughter loves it.

October 13, 2016 at 11:37 am Reply
  • Amy Dowling

Adorable!! I bet your daughter loves it.

October 13, 2016 at 11:37 am Reply
  • Erica Sooter

Aww, these elbow patches are the cutest! Love this classy way to show off your Halloween spirit! 😉

October 13, 2016 at 5:54 pm Reply
  • Rachel Teodoro

Elbow patches have me going crazy this fall! I love these!

October 13, 2016 at 7:42 pm Reply
  • Uncookie Cutter

This is adorable!! I LOVE IT!

October 13, 2016 at 9:15 pm Reply
  • Robin at A Home to Grow Old In

This is so stinkin cute! What a great idea for a Halloween shirt! I may need to make one for me.

October 14, 2016 at 2:33 am Reply
  • Megan@C'mon Get Crafty

Well this is just super cute! Love the ghost patches!

October 14, 2016 at 2:50 am Reply
  • Kati

This is great! So simple, but a little bit of Halloween.

October 18, 2016 at 12:53 am Reply