Alfresco Dining in a Secret Garden – Alfresco Tablescape Blog Hop 2016

Posted in OUTSIDE, TABLE SETTINGS
on August 1, 2016
An al fresco dining area proves that humble materials can pull off a high-end look. Enjoy your own secret garden tonight!
al fresco dining how to
Hi, Friends! Monday came so quickly – this summer is flying by. Our weekend was fabulous. It cooled down just enough for us to get outside for a bit of yard work and fun! But today, I am excited to be joining the lovely Chloe of Celebrate and Decorate for a sweet summer Al fresco Dining Tablescape Blog Hop!
I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve gotten awfully behind on my gardening, especially in the backyard. The front yard received a little bit of love earlier in the summer, but the backyard has been woefully neglected.
summer alfresco dining table
When things are looking overgrown as they are I tend not to want to spend much time out back, as it usually reminds me of all of the work there is to do! But I got to thinking lately that summer only lasts so long, and we should be taking advantage of the warm days and sultry evenings whenever we can. It’s all about perspective – rather than seeing my garden as overgrown, I’m choosing to see it as a secret garden! And there is no better place for a picnic for two than a secret garden – al fresco dining at it’s best!
summer alfresco dining table - hydrangea cuttings
al fresco dining for two in secret garden
One doesn’t need a fancy patio set to enjoy a romantic summer picnic – All that’s needed is a quiet spot, a place to lean your elbows on, some comfy chairs, plates you love – unmatched or otherwise! – Good food and wine and great company! Candlelight doesn’t hurt either.
summer alfresco dining table - blue and white tablesetting
summer alfresco dining table - view of hydrangea and daylillies
I enjoy blurring the indoor/outdoor line by using my indoor furniture outdoors.
summer alfresco dining table - full table view
al fresco dining using humble materials
summer alfresco dining table - hidden alfresco table
My favorite flower – hydrangeas. I was surprised to see that the blooms on our shrubs were a kaleidoscope of colors this year – pinks, blues, purples – with both large and compact clusters!
summer alfresco dining table

summer alfresco dining table
So, do you have a Manicured or a “Secret” Garden? No matter what you have, I hope you’re able to spend some time in it before the summer’s end!
summer alfresco dining table
Thanks so much for stopping and make sure you drop by to visit some of my talented blogging friends for alfresco dining tablescape inspiration galore!
Pin for later: Alfresco Dining in a Secret Garden
Alfresco Dining Ideas

Enter your email address to subscribe for non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

• Maureen

What a pretty little secret garden table! Love the idea of bringing the indoor furniture outside! Very romantic indeed!

August 1, 2016 at 10:53 am Reply
  • Bonnie

Hydrangeas are my favorite flower also. The spot in your secret garden is inviting. There is nothing better than the outdoors.Fruit, bread and cheese with candle light and fresh hydrangeas make a lovely ambience.
    Hey, I have the same thoughts about seeing so much that needs to be done! But I have those thoughts inside too! LOL!

August 1, 2016 at 12:42 pm Reply
  • Pam Richardson

Oh, I love your romantic table in a secret garden space…how fun! I agree with Bonnie, fruit, cheese, bread, candles, and those gorgeous hydrangeas make for the perfect ambiance! Wishing you a beautiful Monday, Pam @ Everyday Living

August 1, 2016 at 1:18 pm Reply
  • thepaintedapron.com

So romantic! You can't beat a candelabra and big blue hydrangeas for instant style, it's so elegant yet simple- the way you photographed it makes me feel like I'm sneaking a peak 🙂 Beautiful Kim!
    Jenna

August 1, 2016 at 1:37 pm Reply
  • Maria Brittis

The centerpiece look amazing, you hit on the nail for a magical secret garden vibe! great job.
    Maria

August 1, 2016 at 1:44 pm Reply
  • Chloe Crabtree

Nothing looks neglected, it looks so lovely. I really like this rustic patio area with the stones. Do you have moss growing amongst the stones? I am glad you had a break in the weather, I am waiting for that in Florida. Your table is lovely, I really like the bold color of your tablecloth and the contrast between that and the beautiful hydrangea. Who wouldn't love sitting down to a basket with bread and cheese with fruit. I can imagine sitting there enjoying the evening with my hubby.

August 1, 2016 at 2:09 pm Reply
  • Kim Burdette

I love your backyard! The stone patio is so rustic and yet soft with the flowers growing in and nearby. And oh how I adore hydrangeas and candlelight! Nothing could be more romantic. There's only one problem with the whole set up…. It's not a secret anymore! Don't be surprised if some of us stop by for a little wine and cheese! (hehehe)

August 1, 2016 at 3:05 pm Reply
  • Linda @ Life and Linda

A lovely secret garden with hydrangeas pleases me very much. Eating outdoors is such a pleasant experience. You can not beat candlelight, wine, cheese and bread. They compliment each other So well. Truly a wonderful secret garden to enjoy.

August 1, 2016 at 3:24 pm Reply
  • The Little Yellow Corner Store

Oh you are so lucky to be able to set up such a romantic looking tablescape outdoors. The bread and cheese look as delicious as they are a beautiful element for your table. It is such a cozy setting. Have fun with the blog hop.

August 1, 2016 at 4:36 pm Reply
  • Rita C.

I love your thinking, Kim – turning your garden into an inviting space, no matter how maintained or not you think it is. Your table for two looks perfect, and so does the setting. Have a good week!
    Rita C at Panoply

August 1, 2016 at 4:49 pm Reply
  • My Kentucky Living

Your table setting and location are just beautiful!!!

August 1, 2016 at 7:23 pm Reply
  • Rattlebridge Farm

Magical, enchanting, and beguiling. The details are exquisite. I adore this tablescape!

August 1, 2016 at 7:58 pm Reply
  • Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality

How pretty this looks and what a romantic spot to linger in the dusk! Enjoyed tablescaping with you today!

August 1, 2016 at 8:15 pm Reply
  • Carol Lander

Really pretty secret garden! The tablescape is a great base for the beautiful hydrangeas.

August 1, 2016 at 9:01 pm Reply
  • Ramblings of a Southern Girl ~ Rhonda G

Your Secret Garden is very cozy! Perfect spot for a nice, intimate dinner for two! Love the pretty hydrangeas and candelabra! My Alfresco Post is a little similar to yours… I'll be up Wednesday! 🙂

August 2, 2016 at 12:39 am Reply
  • Lori @ Dining Delight

Such a pretty setting to enjoy some bread and cheese! Good call on choosing to think of your yard as a secret garden instead of one that needs some work – for sure, summer is short and dining at a lovely alfresco tablescape such as this is the way to enjoy it to the fullest. I can see this Blog Hop week is going to be fun having enjoyed your post!

August 2, 2016 at 3:29 am Reply
  • Lory at Designthusiasm

What an inviting and romantic spot! I particularly love the candelabra!! Nicely done… 🙂

Delighted to be blog-hopping with you (I'm on Tuesday's roster… ;-))

August 2, 2016 at 5:16 am Reply
  • Jemma@athomewithjemma

Gorgeous, gorgeous and more gorgeous! So elegant, I adore the outdoor setting, and the rich and vibrant layering of tablecloths.
    I hope you can share this with us at Thoughts Of Home On Thursday, if you have a moment to spare!
    Jemma

August 2, 2016 at 9:07 pm Reply
  • Susan Duane

Your table is so pretty! It looks like the perfect spot for outdoor dining!!

August 3, 2016 at 2:38 pm Reply
  • Lolly Jane

Oh man, now I want some of that bread! Mm!

August 4, 2016 at 5:57 am Reply
  • Emily Cann

Love the secret garden theme! Plus thse fruit looks scrumptious!

August 5, 2016 at 6:16 am Reply
  • Sarah Burnell

The Secret Garden was my favourite childhood read! It also says "A Midsummer Night's Dream" to me… Gorgeous!

August 5, 2016 at 4:53 pm Reply