Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs – You Link It We Make It #19

Posted in FOOD
on June 22, 2016

Can you believe it’s week #19 of the You Link It; We Make It Link Party?  This fun party has a twist! Every week we make, and review, our favorite recipes from those linked up!

Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs @ Real Girl’s Realm

800x400

Here are the hosts of You Link It; We Make It!

Kim of Knock it Off Kim

Blog |Facebook |Pinterest |Twitter |Instagram |Google+

April of Uncookie Cutter

profile

Here’s how it works

1. Follow your hosts.
  2. Link up your best recipes.
  3. We will each pick one recipe to make, review and share.
  4. We will also select an additional two features.
  5. As a feature, your recipe and blog will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles, and you will also be invited to pin on our group Pinterest board!
Now onto the recipes and our features!

This weeks featured recipes at the You Link It, We Make It recipe link party - Every Wed - Sat at UncookieCutter and KnockitOffKim!

Grab a button if you were featured!
KnockitoffKim
Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs @ Real Girl’s Realm

There is nothing better than a quick, easy and tasty recipe for those hot summer days. These sweet and spicy chicken kabobs from Real Girl’s Realm fit the bill!

The kabobs marinate in KC Masterpiece barbeque rub which made the entire process so simple!
I added red onion to mine – I LOVE roasted red onion, and cooked them on a rack coated with cooking spray in a 450 oven for about 40 minutes.

Mine were finished when the edges were just slightly charred, and the chicken was cooked through. Delicious – the baked pineapple had a bit of a smokey, sweet flavor. I served with rice, although I will be checking out that pasta salad soon!
Thank you so much to Mary for such a fun, easy and tasty recipe!

Be sure to stop by and say Hey to April! She made this amazing looking Peanut Butter Cheesecake in Chocolate Cups
Now, it’s your turn to share!

Party Rules:

1. Follow your hosts on social media.
  2. Link-up as many of your favorite recipes as you would like.
  3. Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
  4. Grab a button and link back to one of our sites on your post or your link party page.

KnockitoffKim

We, in turn:
  1. Will make one recipe from those submitted each week to make and feature.
  2. Will share our personal pictures of our result.
  3. Will also pick two additional recipes each to feature. All six features will be shared out through our social media accounts. All feature owners are invited to the pin on our group Pinterest board.
  4. Will send a reminder each Wednesday morning to come back and link up again!
*Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
Let’s party!

Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your fabulous recipes with us!

Pin for later: Sweet and Spicy Chicken Kabobs

• Uncookie Cutter

Looks so yummy Kim!! I'll have to try them soon! I bet they'd be good on the grill too

June 22, 2016 at 12:46 pm Reply

I bet they'd be perfect on the grill but my grill decided to die right before I put them on! Maddening! If you try them on the grill before I do let me know how they are!

June 23, 2016 at 4:36 am Reply
  • Winnie

Kabob is super popular here in my coutry. I'm a vegetarian but my husband loooooooooooooooves it.
    Your looks really really good!

Thank you Kim for featuring my Rich Chocolate Cookies with Goodies and I hope you have a great day!

June 22, 2016 at 12:49 pm Reply

I often eat vegetarian dishes, and I think they would be equally as good without the chicken, provided you brushed the sauce on the kabobs themselves to give them that smokey taste. Your cookies look AMAZING Winnie! I can't wait to give them a try! Have a fantastic day!

June 23, 2016 at 4:38 am Reply
  • Leigh @ Don't Sweat The Recipe

Kim, thank you so much for the awesome feature of my Strawberry Shortcake! 🙂

June 22, 2016 at 1:32 pm Reply

Thanks, Leigh, for stopping by and for the great recipe! Have a super evening!

June 23, 2016 at 4:38 am Reply
  • JanVinyard

Hi Kim & April, What a great idea you had to make a recipe each week that someone has linked up! Thanks so much for hosting You Like It, We Make It! It's fun each week to see what each of you has chosen to make! Blessings, Janet

June 22, 2016 at 1:48 pm Reply

Thank you, Janet! It really is a lot of fun for us as well to see what everyone is linking up – our families think it's pretty great, too! Thanks so much for linking up with us and for stopping by!

June 23, 2016 at 4:39 am Reply
  • Kathryn @ Family Food on the Table

What is it about food on a stick that makes it so appealing?! I love kabobs all kinds of ways but this sweet-spicy version sounds delicious! Thanks for featuring my mango yogurt popsicles too!

June 22, 2016 at 2:19 pm Reply

I think it has something to do with eating with your hands but it still looking elegant. Whatever it is, you can never really go wrong with food on a stick! Thanks for sharing your popsicle recipe! My daughter is a huge fan of mango popsicles – you had her vote from the moment she saw them!

June 23, 2016 at 4:42 am Reply
  • Mary Hunnicutt

Thank you again for the feature! I will have to add red onion to mine next time, I bet that pairs perfectly with the pineapple. I am also going to try the strawberry shortcake you featured!

June 22, 2016 at 2:41 pm Reply

Thanks so much, Mary! I really like the onion with it – it does pair wonderfully with the grilled pineapple! I can't wait to try these again on the grill – I ran out of gas just as I was about to put these on! Let me know what you think of the shortcake – at this rate, we'll be having a virtual potluck!

June 23, 2016 at 4:43 am Reply