Before and After: Five Steps to a Charming Outdoor Sitting Area

Posted in DECOR, OUTSIDE
on June 21, 2016

Use these outdoor seating ideas to transform your driveway into a charming seating area. The best part? You’ll use items from around your home!

Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.
Spring Burlap Wreath with Felt Flowers
Hello, and welcome to the Garden and Outdoor Spaces Blog Hop! I’m excited to share my driveway sitting area with you and hope you agree that space is much improved. A big thank you to the always sweet Tara at Lehman Lane for hosting this fun hop and be sure to check out Emily at Two Purple Couches for a peek at her Garden and Outdoor Space!

Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.
I don’t know about you, but my kid LOVES to play in the driveway. We have oodles of kid-centric outdoor space for him, but he prefers the blacktop every time. This causes a bit of a predicament – it’s the one part of the house that we can not see him from any other part of the house unless we are right with him. As a result, we spend a lot of time in the driveway, just outside of our garage.

The garage is also our most used entrance into our home, only not through this door! As you can see, the entrance is blocked, and the door is falling apart.

Outdoor Seating Ideas for a Charming Outdoor Sitting Area

With my recent efforts toward curb appeal – what? You’ve not seen the Front Porch Reveal?! –  this seems like an obvious place to make some real change. Given that we’ve recently painted the shutters and the front door a deep black, this one, still green, sticks out like a sore thumb. Literally.

Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.

We plan to replace the door and the clutter inside isn’t going anywhere, but that doesn’t this area couldn’t be a little more pleasing to the eye – for absolutely no cost!

Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.
Spring Burlap Wreath with Felt Flowers

ADD SEATING

Step 1: These chairs are used as extra seating in our home. Although I wouldn’t leave them out in the elements permanently, they can safely stay in the garage until we’re ready to use them. I love the new seating area so much that I plan to add some more permanent outdoor chairs shortly!

Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.

ADD A TABLE

Step 2:  A table is a great place to show off accessories and to put a cold drink when I’m watching my child run circles in the driveway.

Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.

ADD LIFE

Step 3: I added multiple plants in various shapes and sizes. We have great morning light in this spot and shade in the afternoon – perfect for plants and also for sitting! All of these plants are perennials as well, and little maintenance. I love how they soften the look of the blacktop.

Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.

ACCESSORIZE

Step 4:  Just like inside your home, the right accessories can make a huge difference outside your home. The wreath on the door hides the worn areas of the door and draws your eye away from the clutter inside. Look around your home for items that can work both inside and out!
Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.
Spring Burlap Wreath with Felt Flowers

ENJOY IT

Step 5: Kick back and enjoy the fruits of your labor!

Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.
Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.
Outdoor seating ideas using items from around your home.
Thanks so much for stopping by, I hope you found some fun outdoor seating ideas for your Outdoor Space! Make sure you head on over to Two Purple Couches and tell Emily I said “hi”! For even more fun, visit our participants from this week!
Summer Garden Tour & Ourdoor Spaces Blog Hop

Wednesday

2 Bees in a Pod – Jennifer’s house

My Life from Home

Average but Inspired

Refresh Living

Summer Garden tour and blog hop

Thanks so much for stopping by!

Thanks so much for taking a look! If you’ve liked this post, consider following me on Social Media or subscribing to make sure you don’t miss anything.

Facebook // Pinterest // Instagram // Twitter // Google+

Enter your email address to subscribe for non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

Pin for later: 5 steps to a Charming Outdoor Seating Area

• Jennfer Fenton

Charming indeed! Kim, your outdoor space is adorable. It's perfect for when you and your family are outside enjoying Summer. So fun touring with you this week.
    Vicki and Jenn
    2 Bees in a Pod

June 21, 2016 at 12:47 pm Reply
  • Kim Jones

I love having a good area to hang outside. This looks perfectly cozy!

June 21, 2016 at 2:12 pm Reply
  • Tara Lehman

My kids spend a lot of time in our driveway too. What a great idea to make a nice sitting area for the adults. 🙂 Your wreath and the pink perennials are so pretty.

June 22, 2016 at 12:35 am Reply
  • Emily @ Two Purple Couches

You've created such a wonderful space for relaxing outside with your family! I love the addition of the wreath and the flowers and accents on the table!

June 22, 2016 at 3:29 am Reply
  • Lindsay Eidahl from My Creative Days

SUch a charming and cozy spot to read while the kids play! Love it!

June 22, 2016 at 11:53 am Reply
  • The Honeycomb Home

That little seating area is beyond adorable!

June 23, 2016 at 12:41 am Reply
  • The Honeycomb Home

That little seating area is beyond adorable!

June 23, 2016 at 12:41 am Reply
  • Bre Eggert

My kids are always playing in the driveway, too! Love how you made the most of it with your adorable seating area! 🙂

June 23, 2016 at 1:16 am Reply
  • Samantha

Love this! We are driveway players, too! Makes me want to move our deck chairs down to the driveway and get a little table for drinks!

June 23, 2016 at 2:11 pm Reply
  • Agy Lee

I love how people have driveways. We live in an appartment and it's always difficult to grow your own lovely green garden 🙂

June 23, 2016 at 2:18 pm Reply
  • Jenny Leads - Refresh Living

What a great idea to add that adorable seating area in your driveway! I'm sure it's much more comfy for you – it's like it was made to be there!

June 23, 2016 at 6:51 pm Reply
  • Meg - Green With Decor

Such a good idea to use this spot to sit down while you watch your kids play! And love that little green bucket on the table!

June 24, 2016 at 3:17 am Reply
  • Iris Watts

I just love your ideas to spruce up this space! It turned out to be so pretty! Oh, and I'm so very jealous of your driveway!! I wish it was a place in my home that my son could play, but our's slopes making it too dangerous for him to. It's one of those things I plan to make sure doesn't happen in our next home.

June 25, 2016 at 1:56 pm Reply
  • MomHomeGuide.com

That was really smart of you to create a driveway seating area, so you have a place to sit while your youngster plays! It looks very sweet and cute!

June 26, 2016 at 5:44 pm Reply