Curb Appeal Mini Challenge – The Plan – Curb Appeal Blog Hop 2016

I’m so excited to participating in a 4-week mini challenge to transform the front porch of my home! Thank you to Deb at Seeking Lavender Lane for organizing and pulling together such a fun and talented group of bloggers! Be sure to scroll to the bottom to check out my co-participants plans for to bring a little curb appeal to their homes!

No challenge is complete without a few befores and this is no exception. Please excuse the photos – it’s been raining for what seems like forever!

BEFORE

One obvious problem is that all of our plants are overgrown and we are desperately in need of some clean-up. Winter was rough!

The front door, while fine, gets lost in the siding and the lack of trim around the door makes it look smaller than it actually is. The plants on either side of the door need to be larger and more commanding to draw the eye towards the door and the door needs some paint to do the same. New lighting, more in scale with the space will also bring attention to the door.
Once lovely faux wicker rockers, the “wicker” has dry-rotted and begun to fall off. I’d also really like this seating area to be more prominent. The shutter color could use some updating.
This side of the porch is unbalanced as far as landscaping goes and could use a few larger shrubs to balance it out.
We love our rope swing but it could use a bit of sprucing up!
A larger mat is required and could be a great colorful accent!

These lights were old when we moved in! We gave them a coat of paint but it’s time for a change. I’m thinking carriage lighting!

THE PLAN
Who knows what I’ll actually get finished in such a short amount of time.. if I learned anything during the One Room Challenge it’s that everything takes longer than you originally anticipate!
Here is what I’m hoping to get done:

TO DO LIST
Paint the shutters and the door
Add thicker molding to doorframe
String chairs
Paint garden stool
Create wreath
Install lighting
Add and plant planter boxes
Create house number plaque

I hope you’ll follow along with my progress! In the meantime, check out these lovely ladies and their plans for adding curb appeal to their homes!

Our House now a Home

Pin for later – Curb Appeal Mini-Makeover

• MomHomeGuide.com

May 24, 2016 at 2:17 pm

I can't wait to see how your porch update comes out! This blog hop is going to be fun! Looking forward to your post next week! 🙂

• Emily, Our house now a home

May 24, 2016 at 2:20 pm

I love your front porch! It will be such an amazing update!

• Amy Dowling

May 25, 2016 at 12:06 pm

I love your ideas! I wish my porch was that big. It's a perfect space to hang out and relax. What a huge difference the updates will make to the space. Good luck!

• Maria Brittis

May 25, 2016 at 2:27 pm

you house is lovely and its going to look for pretty! I love the planters,very unique. Great place to relax and have some coffee or tea in the morning.
    Maria

• Maria Brittis

May 25, 2016 at 2:27 pm

Maria

• Carrie

May 25, 2016 at 7:23 pm

Love that swing on your porch! also need to work on my front door to make it less 'invisible'. Your home has great potential and I really don't mind how it looks now! I hate when plants get overgrown, so much to keep up with! Lol! I'm excited to see how everyones lights turn out!

Carrie
    curlycraftymom.com

• Mary Hunnicutt

May 31, 2016 at 7:32 pm

I painted my door and shutters last spring and it made such a huge difference! I cannot wait to see how it turns out I need some ideas for sprucing up my front porch too!

• Maria Brittis

June 1, 2016 at 1:57 am

You have a pretty home,the mood board ideas are perfect, mood boards are great to get inspired to get the job done. look forward in seeing the progress in weeks to come.
    Maria