Spring Tea Party

Posted in ENTERTAINING, PARTIES, party
on March 22, 2016

Need ideas for an upcoming spring tea party? We’ve got you covered! Get comfy, grab a coffee, and start planning a special day to spend with your loved ones, friends and family!

SpringTeainvitation

* Thank you to Evite for kindly sponsoring this post. Although I was compensated by Evite for my time in developing this post, .all opinions are 100% honest & completely my own. This post may also contain affiliate links. See my disclosure statement, found under Contact Me, for more information.

Oh, Spring! Glorious Spring! How I love thee!This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. See my full disclaimer statement for full details.

Seriously, though, we’ve been talking about Spring a lot these days, what with the recent Spring Home Tour, various Spring pies and cakes and crafts. But, do you know what we haven’t talked about in what seems like forever? Parties! And what better way to celebrate the arrival of Spring than with a Spring Tea Party!

Of course, it starts with the invitation. Unless it doesn’t start with the invitation, which was the case here! Ha! In this case, all of my inspiration came from a salad plate. This lovely, vintage style salad plate from Pioneer Woman’s new dinnerware line to be exact. I was busy buying paper towel and laundry soap and came home with 6 of these plates for my table as well! I love the colors; I love the floral pattern and scroll work. And, I live for the red border. These salad plates scream warm and sweet tea afternoons. Spring Tea Party swoon-worthy – they were just perfect!

spring tea - plate

Pioneer Woman Country Garden Salad Plates

Armed with inspiration, it was time for invitations and to visit my go-to guest list management site, Evite! Evite has a wide variety of invitation options for tea parties, but my heart was set on the vintage floral look. There were a few options that came very close, but I was determined to have a near exact pattern and look to my inspiration plate.  Luckily, Evite offers not only free designs but also offers a Premium invitation that allows you to upload your design. Perfect.

I created my design, loaded it up to the Evite site, added the party details and my guest list and pressed send! It was THAT easy. I love that I can go on about my planning and just wait for the RSVPs to roll in. Evite has other fun features that allow you to select gifts and interact directly with your guests through the list. Fantastic.

spring tea - invitegraphic

Tea Party Image|Invitation Created in PicMonkey and Evite

Decor was up next, and I kept it simple.

Although I would have loved to be sitting in the middle of a garden, wearing an amazing Fascinator and sipping mint juleps, the weather isn’t quite up for that yet. So, I brought the garden inside.

spring decorating tablescapeFlowers were a must for this party, and I found all of these at my local grocer. Mixing a matching a few bouquets, and bringing in a few daffodils from my yard gave me the look and color I was going for.

spring tea - partyflowers
A practical centerpiece, the teapots were labeled with the selections of the afternoon and placed on a pedestal.

spring tea - partyteapotcenterpiece

My favorite accent had to be the paper doilies I picked up on clearance at my local grocer – they are also available at Amazon.com. The doilies up the vintage-factor for me for next to no cost.

spring tea - partytablefront
I used my grandmother’s silver and mismatched serving dishes to take away some of the formality. This party was supposed to be fun after all!
spring tea - partytablesetting
Cute and inexpensive clip-on butterflies, which came in a perfect pack of 6, were ideal for place markers!

Tea was obviously an important component to this party. Because I like to offer a cocktail choice at my parties, I decided rather than go with the usual tea flavor favorites; I would offer those that complemented cocktails that included tea. The teas I found that were a natural fit for this were a fruit sangria by Adigio teas,  a citrus green tea, also by Adigio teas, and a hot cinnamon tea by Harney and Sons which had the distinct flavor of red hots candy – this would be great in the fall or winter!

spring tea - tea

To complement these I offered prosecco, sparkling water and sparkling fruit juices and my guests and I enjoyed testing the different flavors!

spring tea - partydrinks

Make sure to have both sweet and savory food options for your party. I kept the food fairly simple. For savory, I went with a selection of finger sandwiches, mini croissant chicken salad sandwiches, and devilled eggs.

spring tea - partysandwiches

spring tea - bunny tray
On the sweet side, petite fours, various other cookies, and other sweets finishing off with a lovely lemon cream cake. I mixed homemade with store bought – don’t feel you have to hand make everything.

spring tea - partysweets

spring tea - cutthecake

I always like to plan a game or activity – there are a million (who knew?) well loved favorites for tea parties. Our favorite “Spill the tea”, where each guest writes a tidbit of information about themselves anonymously and puts the slip of paper into a teapot. Everyone passes the teapot around the table, pulling and reading a sheet from the teapot. The players then try to guess who wrote the slip. It’s a great icebreaker for when not everyone knows one another, and great fun for when everyone knows each other well!

spring tea - partyspillthetea

My favorite part of the afternoon by far – hanging out with these crazies. I couldn’t ask for more lovely ladies in my life!

spring tea - aprilandmeg
spring tea - partyjennifer

spring tea - partymeg
At the end of the afternoon, each guest left with a linen drawstring bag filled with sachets of tea and cookies and a cute little teapot thank you for spending their time with me!
spring tea - partyfavors
As my gift to you, feel free to download the label file by clicking on it!

spring tea-labels

Great memories were made – Thank you to Evite for helping me make this, and all of my parties, a complete success!

Links:
Invitations: Invitations and Premium Designs http://www.evite.com
Dinnerware, placemats: http://www.Walmart.com
Butterfly Clips http://www.WorldMarket.com
Flowers, Italian and sugar cookies, scones: http://www.thefreshmarket.com
Cake, cookies and all other food: https://www.knockitoffkim.com
Party Design, Decor, and Styling: https://www.knockitoffkim.com
Linen Bags: http://www.Target.com
Teapot Favor Labels: https://www.knockitoffkim.com
Photography: https://www.knockitoffkim.com

Pin for later: Spring Tea Party

SpringTeaPartyPin

Like this post? Enter your email address to get access to our freebie area and monthly newsletter! It’s non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

By
/ /

• Unknown

How fun and delicious! I want to be your neighbor!

March 22, 2016 at 8:13 pm Reply
  • Uncookie Cutter

Wow, this is amazing Kim! What a fun tea party and I had no idea you could upload your own designs into Evite. That's awesome! I so miss your party, you were always the best host! Thanks for sharing!

March 23, 2016 at 2:39 pm Reply
  • So-So Mom

Looks like a fun party! I love all the Pioneer woman's stuff. It also looks like a lot of work in the kitchen!

March 23, 2016 at 2:59 pm Reply
  • I'm pooped

Wow! How beautiful and elegant. You did a great job.

March 23, 2016 at 4:17 pm Reply
  • Allison

What a fun party! I love the doilies and name tags. Makes me want to have an adult tea party with my friends!

March 23, 2016 at 5:46 pm Reply
  • Nicole O'Dell

Wow! Look at you!! Amazing job!!! Everything is so beautiful!

March 23, 2016 at 5:49 pm Reply
  • The Innovative Mama

What a lovely and fun concept. I love the pots that the various teas are in! This would definitely be something fun to do with some good girlfriends!

March 23, 2016 at 6:14 pm Reply
  • The Plagued Parent

I would have loved to have been invited to this party! So creative, and everything looks lovely and yummy!!

March 23, 2016 at 7:04 pm Reply
  • Terri Steffes

Adorable! I wish I could have come! Everything is gorgeous and those dishes!!

March 23, 2016 at 8:05 pm Reply
  • Randi G @frugelegance.com

How beautiful & fun! You are inspiring me to do the same 😉

March 23, 2016 at 11:14 pm Reply
  • Jenny Farmer

Such fun. I love having a tea party!

March 23, 2016 at 11:39 pm Reply
  • StrictlyStress (Jill Prince, MBA, CHC)

So incredibly beautiful… lovely. So jealous!!!

March 24, 2016 at 1:20 am Reply
  • Kimberly Cox

This seriously looks like sooo much fun. Great party <3 Thanks for sharing <3

March 26, 2016 at 2:59 pm Reply
  • heather t

This is completely adorable!!

March 28, 2016 at 1:33 pm Reply
  • zerry ht

A tea party is always a great experience. Loved these designer tea pots. They are adorable. I am thinking to host a tea party on my birthday but would like to reserve one of iconic party venues for celebrations and make it memorable.

May 19, 2016 at 6:59 am Reply
  • Emily

This is such a lovely idea! My mom and I have a tradition of going out for high tea once or twice a year, but I love the idea of doing our own version at home!

April 6, 2017 at 1:04 pm Reply