Spring Fling Home Tour 2016

Posted in DECOR
on March 21, 2016
Looking for spring decorating ideas by decorating style? We’ve got you covered!
spring decorating ideas
Come on in! Rustic Mossy Bunny Wreath
Howdy and welcome to my very first home tour! I’ve teamed up with over 20 bloggers for the Spring Fling Home Tour hop to share our ideas for spring home decor with you by design style! Today’s style – Transitional and Vintage. Thank you to our gracious hostess, Stephanie Watkins of Casa Watkins! Be sure to check out her home tour tomorrow, as well as follow along on the hop throughout the week to see the great ideas of all!

Spring Decorating Ideas for Transitional and Vintage Homes

Spring is one of my favorite seasons. I love the feeling of shaking the winter off, putting away those sweaters, opening the windows and letting the breeze in. I look forward to it every year. You’ve seen bits and pieces of our Spring decor over the past few weeks, but I’m excited to show you the whole shebang in one place!

spring decor
Check out my photo bomber fur ball in the corner!

I don’t have a ton of sources for you – I do have a few DIY projects to share, though! As I go through this, I realize there a lot of DIY projects that I’ve not blogged about, starting with this Goodwill entrance table and pendant light!

cheap spring decorations

We are very lucky to have many established shrubs and plants in our yard. I love bringing them in when they are in bloom. Forsythia for me spells the beginning of spring.

spring decor
Spring decorating ideas - bird cage

The foyer leads right into our den – a work in progress room.. but aren’t they all?

Spring decorating ideas - living room
Spring decorating ideas - mantel table
Otomi Coasters
Spring decorating ideas - mantel chair

A few weeks ago I shared my Spring inspired mantel. When we were first in our home, I had grand dreams of styling our new mantel to my hearts content – until Shay suggested we put the black box of doom right smack in the middle of my decorating dreams. It makes sense, and I’ve learned to style around it but still dream of the day when I’ll have an entire mantel all to myself!

Spring decorating ideas - mantel bird

Our home is an eclectic mix of vintage and transitional. I love to change things up, using and reusing accents from around my home. It keeps things fresh and new – you’d be amazed how giving something loved a new home can do for a room and the piece.

Spring decorating ideas - mantel bicycle
Bicycle
spring-decor mantel_flower_vignette
Vase | Bicycle

The den leads into the kitchen and breakfast area and our favorite kitchen shelves.

spring kitchen decor
These shelves are one of the areas of our home that receive the most change. I’m always moving things around, in and out, and they, along with our mantel, are the places that receive the latest holiday love and look as seen here. We also like to use this area for parties as a buffet or dessert station. You can see examples of that on my party page!
spring kitchen decorating
spring decor ideas - bunny
kitchen decor - planter
easter decorating ideas kitchen
Egg Stand
spring decorating tablescape
easter tablescape flowers
table setting for easter
Salad Plates
flower napkin ring spring

Thanks so much for stopping by and I hope you were able to find some inspiration! Please be sure to check out the other homes on today’s tour!

Day 1: Transitional and Vintage Decor Style
transitional decor style spring
Day 2: Eclectic Style
eclectic home style
Day 3: Farmhouse Style 1
farmhouse style spring decor

Day 4:  Traditional Style
traditional home style spring

Enter your email address to subscribe for non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

/ /

• yuni min

Your home is lovely! I especially loved seeing the beautiful tablescapes and shelving. Are the flowers on your tablescape real? They are gorgeous!

March 21, 2016 at 2:20 pm Reply
  • Michelle James

Such a warm, inviting home! I love what you call the television!!

March 21, 2016 at 2:58 pm Reply
  • Iris Watts

Such a pretty home! I love all of the nods to spring in each space!

March 21, 2016 at 4:09 pm Reply
  • bon bon

Your home is so pretty….I really like your tablescape and flower arrangements.Lovely!

March 21, 2016 at 5:27 pm Reply
  • Jennfer Fenton

Your home is so lovely. We love your mix of color and your vignettes are so creative!
    Vicki and Jenn
    2 Bees in a Pod

March 21, 2016 at 5:40 pm Reply
  • Stacey

Your home is really pretty. I love it when I see red in a house because it's just fun and welcoming. Your salad plate reminded me that I want to get to WalMart and grab some of those beauties. I love all the cute touches like that little bicycle and the bunny on the door. 🙂

March 21, 2016 at 5:46 pm Reply
  • Melissa Woods

I really enjoyed the table setting with the beautiful floral arrangements!

March 21, 2016 at 6:58 pm Reply
  • Kathy Baugher

You have such a warm and inviting home with lots of great Spring decor!

March 22, 2016 at 6:41 am Reply
  • Stephanie -Casa Watkins

Kim your home is so springy! Very welcoming indeed. I adore your tablescape. I have a fond of table decor and love how you have decorated your table. The florals throughout your home is so pretty. Wonderful tour.

March 22, 2016 at 8:37 pm Reply
  • Lindsay Eidahl from My Creative Days

Your home is so pretty and ready for spring! Thank you for sharing! It has been fun touring with you this week!

March 24, 2016 at 3:16 pm Reply
  • Amy Dowling

I love the little bicycle and all the flowers. Makes me think of spring! Yay! I enjoyed sharing this hop with you. Beautiful home! 🙂

March 25, 2016 at 7:28 pm Reply
  • Tara Lehman

I didn't know this was your first home tour! I love all the fresh flowers in your home and your table was beautifully set! Pinning and sharing:). Have a good weekend a Happy Easter! Tara

March 25, 2016 at 7:40 pm Reply
  • Elizabeth Joan Designs

So beautiful, Kim! Your home is lovely and the flowers bring so much life to the space! Love it!

March 28, 2016 at 1:14 am Reply
  • Kathy Baugher

So many fun things going on in your Spring tour! Love the yard clippings!

March 31, 2016 at 11:11 am Reply
  • Amanda @ Old House to New Home

Your house looks beautiful! I love all the colorful flowers!

April 1, 2016 at 12:42 pm Reply