Simple Silhouette Craft Cutter Project: Bunny Paper-cut Vase

Posted in DECOR, DIY, HOLIDAYS, SILHOUETTE PROJECTS
on March 10, 2016
Hi, Peeps and Happy Thursday! I hope you’re all enjoying a little bit of s-u-n like we are around here. I’m a little afraid to say that word out loud in case another weather-word comes back – s-n-o-w. Only in Virginia can I be layered in snow gear one week and wearing sandals and shorts the next!
I’m here sharing a quick and easy Bunny Paper-cut Vase project made using my Silhouette machine! I’m not alone either.. I’m joined by 15 other bloggers, all eager to share their March Silhouette Challenge, hosted by the lovely and fun Cat from Pocketful of Posies, projects with you. You are in for such a treat!

After the success of my last project – success in that I loved the outcome and I didn’t break my Silhouette Portrait in the process – I decided to try a different medium. I was standing in line at Home Goods the other day when I glanced over and saw these cute little die-cut paper vases for Easter. My first thought? I could totally make that. And so it began!
After a quick stop at the dollar store for a couple of vases, I was on my way home to get started!
A quick look in the Silhouette library turned up exactly what I needed – a Spring/Easter Paper Cut pattern.
Look at all the goodies!
After perusing my scrapbook paper collection – an utterly ridiculous collection considering a don’t even scrapbook. I just have an unending list of things to use beautiful paper for! – I made my way back to the craft store for the elusive pattern I’d pictured in my head. Please, tell me I’m not the only one who does things like that!
After cutting the paper down to 11.5″ in length – The Silhouette Portrait only allows for 11.5″ wide paper – and loading the image into Silhouette Studio, we were ready to go. I used a medium weight cardstock; The blade at the default of 3.

After a quick cut, I positioned the cutout along the bottom edge of each vase, overlapping the ends, using glue dots. Around the base, I used this self-adhesive wood tape that I’d hoped to use ever since I picked it up on an impulse shopping trip, and attached to the edge of the paper-cut to give it a finished edge.
Wood Tape – Similar
All in all, I like the results. It’s all Easter in a subtle way. What’s more, when Easter is passed, I can easily remove the paper cut to use the vases for something else, and I can store the die cuts for next year!
Now, for the treat, I promised you! For even more Silhouette fun, visit these other great posts!
Hobnail House – Spring Cutout Banner
Morena’s Corner – Custom Flocked Birthday Card
Simply Darrling – Upcycled Nautical Anchor Serving Tray
Green With Decor – Making Food Party Labels Using Silhouette Machine
Creatively Southern – How to Make Chalkboard Sign with Silhouette Vinyl
Craving Some Creativity – Print and Cut Silhouette Closet Organization Tags
Vintage Romance Style – How to Create Your Childs Silhouette
As always, thanks for stopping by, and I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

• Chanell

Don't you love those "I can make THAT!" moments? Hahaha!

March 10, 2016 at 2:46 pm Reply

I do! Although, they happen so often that sometimes I wish I didn't have them so I could just buy something once in awhile without guilt! lol So fun "hopping" with you, Chanell!

March 11, 2016 at 1:44 pm Reply
  • Amy Dowling

Super cute! Great idea which can be changed out seasonally! Thanks for sharing.

March 10, 2016 at 3:24 pm Reply

Thanks, Amy! Who says you can't marry practicality and flexibility with creativity? šŸ™‚

March 11, 2016 at 1:45 pm Reply
  • Cat Golden

What a cute project Kim! I love the paper banner and how easy to trade the paper out for different holidays and seasons! Thank you for all your kind words! pinning!

March 10, 2016 at 3:24 pm Reply

Thanks Cat! For everything really.. love this group and love all of the projects!

March 11, 2016 at 1:45 pm Reply
  • Rachel Teodoro

Oh my word! This is adorable. I would have never thought to do this to a vase. What a great idea. Totally pinning this.

March 11, 2016 at 12:13 am Reply

Thanks Rachel! It was a fun little project. Those are the best.. quick and easy!

March 11, 2016 at 1:47 pm Reply

Megan, for some reason it posted your comment three times – when I removed the extra two it removed them all. Can't win. Thanks so much for stopping by and for your compliments! šŸ™‚

March 11, 2016 at 1:46 pm Reply
  • Rachel Beach

What a great, simple addition and you can change out the paper cut year round if you wanted to.

March 11, 2016 at 3:30 pm Reply
  • Ellora Drinnen

Cute and simple idea for Spring decorating!! And you can change it out! Great idea and turned out so pretty!!

March 12, 2016 at 4:30 pm Reply
  • Erica Sooter

So cute! Love the white with surprise floral background and the wood grain. Such a great little vase for all those spring flowers! šŸ™‚

March 14, 2016 at 11:41 pm Reply
  • Morena

Super cute project!

March 15, 2016 at 5:43 pm Reply
  • Meg - Green With Decor

This is such a great idea! The possibilities with the Silhouette are endless šŸ™‚

March 16, 2016 at 9:44 pm Reply
  • Monkey Business

Love it!! What an easy and fun way to add some Easter decor.

March 18, 2016 at 12:30 am Reply