Our Spring Mantel

Happy Tuesday! So, I distinctly remember getting the skinny from the groundhog earlier in the month that we were up for an early spring. Since I’ve yet to see much evidence of that, beyond a few daffodils poking through and the fantastic, sunny last two days – which, yay! – I decided to take matters into my hands and bring a little spring inside to make up for what is lacking outside. The fireplace mantel is a great place to start!

PB Inspired Flower Vase
When we were first in our home, I had grand dreams of styling our new mantel to my hearts content – until Shay suggested we put the black box of doom right smack in the middle of my decorating dreams. I get it, and I agree it’s a great placement for it – the room would be difficult to space otherwise. It makes sense, and I hardly complain when I’ve got my feet up taking in my weekly Walking Dead fix. (Richonne, anyone?! OMG, still swooning!) But still, the giant black box makes it a bit difficult to style around.
spring_mantle - flowers

spring mantle-full from side

The prints were a Home Goods find – We all know about Home Goods! The birds scattered around, add another hint at Spring.

spring mantel_bird

spring mantel_couch

This cute little bicycle reminds me of the bicycle rides that I’ll probably not be taking this Spring – lazy-, but that I’ll dream about as I look at my very own bicycle that I HAD to have that I’ve never ridden. Yes, I’m THAT girl. The idea of it is much more fun than the reality of it I think!
<Spring Mantel Bicycle Accent
I’m not a pastel kind of girl. I like neutrals with pops of vibrant color – jewel tones can still say spring!
spring mantel front
What I love about this mantel is how I can add or change it up as we get closer to Easter with some minor modifications.
spring-decor mantel_flower_vignette

I’m finally starting to feel like the groundhog and I are on the same page. How about you, how ready are you for Spring? And, again, Richonne!? #Richonne

Like this post? Enter your email address to get access to our freebie area and monthly newsletter! It’s non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

• Tania @ Run to Radiance

March 1, 2016 at 8:14 pm

It looks beautiful! And man, oh man, I LOVE Home Goods!!! 🙂

1. admin

March 3, 2016 at 7:45 pm

Thanks Tania! I can only go there every once in a while. I have no willpower and I will come home with something if I enter through those doors!

• Cara (Kindly Unspoken)

March 2, 2016 at 11:13 pm

Beautifully decorated mantle! I love the little bicycle!

1. admin

March 3, 2016 at 7:45 pm

So sweet, Cara! The little bicycle is one of my favorite finds. Joann's on clearance!

2. admin

March 3, 2016 at 7:45 pm

3. admin

March 3, 2016 at 8:21 pm

• Jessica

March 9, 2016 at 4:21 am

Love that little bike! So adorable! Everything looks really nice, Kim!

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Prev Post Next Post

Sign up for my newsletter to get this Halloween Printable packet!

Sign up for my mailing list to get these Halloween Seating Cards!
You have signed up for the Knock it Off Kim mailing list! Check your inbox for an email with the details. **You may have to check your spam folder.**

Sign up for my mailing list to get this free printable + one more!

Sign up for my mailing list to get this free printable + eight more!

Sign up for my mailing list to get this free set of three gingerbread house patters!

Sign up for my mailing list to get this free set of Teapot Thank You Labels!

Sign up for my mailing list to get this Free Easter Printable Bunny Box Template!

Sign up for my mailing list to get these free Minimalistic Line Art Prints!

Sign up for my mailing list to get this free Fall Hanging Basket Planting Guide!

Sign up for my mailing list to get these free Fruit and Veggie Pun Kitchen Art Prints!

Sign up for my mailing list to get this free Spring Hanging Basket Planting Guide!

Sign up for my mailing list to get this free DIY Metal Plant Table Upcycle Guide!