Berry Pie – You Link It, We Make It #5

Posted in FOOD
on March 16, 2016
Berry Pie – Recipe @ Grandparents Plus

Its time for the You Link It, We Make It Link Party, the recipe sharing link party with a twist! We’ll be making, and reviewing, our favorite recipes from those linked up each week!

800x400

Let’s meet the hosts of You Link It; We Make It!

Kim of Knock it Off Kim

Blog |Facebook |Pinterest |Twitter |Instagram |Google+

April of Uncookie Cutter

profile

Here’s how it works

1. Follow your hosts.
  2. Link up your best recipes.
  3. We will each pick one recipe to make, review and share.
  4. We will also select an additional two features.
  5. As a feature, your recipe and blog will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles, and you will also be invited to pin on our group Pinterest board!

We had so many great picks this week! Here are our six favorites for this week.

You Link It, We Make it - Weekly Week Party Features! Come link up every Wednesday through Saturday night. uncookiecutter.com and knockitoffkim.com

If you were featured, please grab a button!
KnockitoffKim

My tastes were all over the place this week! Little Miss Celebration’s Carrot Walnut Bread caught my eye, and I was all over Farmhouse 40’s Potato Cakes! Both are on my list to try in the coming days.
Fresh Berry Pie
Berry Pie @ Grandparentsplus.com

But it was Grandparent’s plus’ Berry Pie that caught my heart. Berry pie always reminds me of my mother, so this was a no-brainer pick for me. Before she passed away, she lived quite far away – the other side of the country. She visited often, and when she would come to visit she would make a berry pie for us every single day. It’s one of my most treasured memories of her.

As a result, I’ve had more than my fair share of berry pie, but what was different about this pie, was the cookie crust.

I’ve never met an easier pie crust in all my years of baking! It came together all in the pie plate in about two minutes, and it did compliment the pie perfectly.

I was out of vegetable oil, so I substituted melted coconut butter for the oil in the crust. Other than that I followed the recipe to a “T.”

The recipe is for either a strawberry or blueberry pie, but I prefer the taste of combined berries – raspberries, blueberries and strawberries – in a strawberry glaze, so that’s what I went with. I bet it would be equally good with a blueberry glaze!

The glaze came together quickly – I combined the lemon juice and cornstarch then mixed it all together and used the microwave to thicken it. I put it in for about 3-4 minutes. Once the glaze thickened, I puréed it to ensure that it was smooth, before combining the fresh berries and filling the pie crust.

We – as in everyone in my family – loved this dessert! I found it had just enough sugar and wasn’t overly sweet. It may have been better than my mom’s recipe, and it’s awfully pretty to look at! This one is going into my recipe box!

For the full recipe go here

Uncookie Cutter – Baked Quesadilla Squares

Now, hop on over to April’s site to see her review for Baked Quesadilla Squares

Party Rules:

1. Follow your hosts on social media.
  2. Link-up as many of your favorite recipes as you would like.
  3. Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
  4. Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or your link party page.

KnockitoffKim

We, in turn:
  1. Will make one recipe from those submitted each week to make and feature.
  2. Will share our personal pictures of our result.
  3. Will also pick two additional recipes each to feature. All six features will be shared out through our social media accounts. All feature owners are invited to the pin on our group Pinterest board.
*Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
Let’s party!

Pin for Later: Berry Pie

• Uncookie Cutter

Kim, this looks amazing! I love hearing stories of your mom :). I can't believe you made that crust so easily. I Never make my own pie crust, but I might actually try this one. The pics are beautiful!

March 16, 2016 at 1:36 pm Reply

Thanks April! My mom would have loved you. 🙂

March 19, 2016 at 2:00 am Reply
  • bon bon

What a wonderful surprise. Thanks so much for featuring my potato cake recipe. Love this link party.

March 16, 2016 at 2:30 pm Reply

You're very welcome! Thank you for a wonderful recipe and I'm glad you were able to make it back!

March 19, 2016 at 2:01 am Reply
  • bon bon

March 16, 2016 at 2:32 pm Reply
  • Winnie

Amazing and delicious looking pie!!
    Thank you Kim for hosting this party 🙂

March 16, 2016 at 4:58 pm Reply

Thanks so much, Winnie! So glad you could link up with us!

March 19, 2016 at 2:01 am Reply
  • Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration

Kim, thanks to you and April for hosting, and thank you SO much for including my Carrot Walnut Bread with your wonderful features. The pie looks wonderful! Enjoy the rest of your week!

March 17, 2016 at 1:10 am Reply

You're so welcome, Cindy and thank YOU!

March 19, 2016 at 2:02 am Reply
  • Beverly Roderick

Thank you for the invitation to your party. I love the concept of it!

March 17, 2016 at 1:35 pm Reply

So glad you could make it, Beverly!

March 19, 2016 at 2:02 am Reply
  • Mary La Fornara

Your pie has made me hungry, it looks so scrumptious!

March 17, 2016 at 11:56 pm Reply

It tastes just sinful! But it's fruit.. so it's healthy, right? 😉

March 19, 2016 at 2:02 am Reply
  • Kimberly Rosso

Looks oh so scrumptious! And I appreciate you sharing this beloved family recipe.

March 18, 2016 at 3:12 am Reply

Thanks Kimberly!

March 19, 2016 at 2:03 am Reply
  • Callie

How do you even choose just one to make. I would want to make them all!

March 18, 2016 at 9:48 am Reply

The struggle is real, Callie.. Thanks for dropping by!

March 19, 2016 at 2:03 am Reply
  • Stephanie Ortiz

Kim, this looks awesome! I love berry pies of any kind, and I actually have ALL of the ingredients in my house currently (that's rare 🙂 I'm going to give this one a try- thanks for sharing.

March 18, 2016 at 12:09 pm Reply

Thanks Stephanie! I hope it turns out for you!

March 19, 2016 at 2:04 am Reply
  • Mom on the Move

Love this link up! That pie looks delicious!

March 18, 2016 at 1:40 pm Reply

So glad you came by! We hope you have fun and thank you for linking up!

March 19, 2016 at 2:04 am Reply