|Berry Pie – Recipe @ Grandparents Plus|
Let’s meet the hosts of You Link It; We Make It!
Kim of Knock it Off Kim
- Follow your hosts.
- Link up your best recipes.
- We will each pick one recipe to make, review and share.
- We will also select an additional two features.
- As a feature, your recipe and blog will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles, and you will also be invited to pin on our group Pinterest board!
We had so many great picks this week! Here are our six favorites for this week.
|Berry Pie @ Grandparentsplus.com|
But it was Grandparent’s plus’ Berry Pie that caught my heart. Berry pie always reminds me of my mother, so this was a no-brainer pick for me. Before she passed away, she lived quite far away – the other side of the country. She visited often, and when she would come to visit she would make a berry pie for us every single day. It’s one of my most treasured memories of her.
As a result, I’ve had more than my fair share of berry pie, but what was different about this pie, was the cookie crust.
I’ve never met an easier pie crust in all my years of baking! It came together all in the pie plate in about two minutes, and it did compliment the pie perfectly.
I was out of vegetable oil, so I substituted melted coconut butter for the oil in the crust. Other than that I followed the recipe to a “T.”
The recipe is for either a strawberry or blueberry pie, but I prefer the taste of combined berries – raspberries, blueberries and strawberries – in a strawberry glaze, so that’s what I went with. I bet it would be equally good with a blueberry glaze!
The glaze came together quickly – I combined the lemon juice and cornstarch then mixed it all together and used the microwave to thicken it. I put it in for about 3-4 minutes. Once the glaze thickened, I puréed it to ensure that it was smooth, before combining the fresh berries and filling the pie crust.
We – as in everyone in my family – loved this dessert! I found it had just enough sugar and wasn’t overly sweet. It may have been better than my mom’s recipe, and it’s awfully pretty to look at! This one is going into my recipe box!
For the full recipe go here.
|Uncookie Cutter – Baked Quesadilla Squares|
Now, hop on over to April’s site to see her review for Baked Quesadilla Squares!
- Follow your hosts on social media.
- Link-up as many of your favorite recipes as you would like.
- Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
- Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or your link party page.
- Will make one recipe from those submitted each week to make and feature.
- Will share our personal pictures of our result.
- Will also pick two additional recipes each to feature. All six features will be shared out through our social media accounts. All feature owners are invited to the pin on our group Pinterest board.
Pin for Later: Berry Pie