Pottery Barn Kids inspired Easter Crafty Wreath

Hi Friends! Happy Tuesday! This past few weeks has just been so busy. I am so looking forward to Summer Break. Listen to me?! It’s barely even Spring and I’m already looking forward to Summer.. one thing at a time, Girl! What is right around the corner though.. Easter!

Easter Wreath
Besides burning the candle at all ends, including the middle, I have been struggling something fierce with projects this past week. Everything I touch seems to end up as a big, fat, blogger fail. I just hate weeks days like that. I’m thinking of writing a blogger bloopers post – it’s that bad. Obviously in desperate need of some inspiration, I headed over to Pottery Barn.. then, drifted over to PB Teen and Kids. I just love their seasonal decor. It’s so simple and understated and non-failing. Kind of like I aspire to be!Anyway, while there, I came across this cute little guy:
EasterCraftyWreath
PB Kids Easter Crafty Wreath

Simple. Understated. Perfect. Except for the issue of being a little steep in the price department. Especially since my boy will probably steal the rabbit and hoard him upstairs when Easter is over. I love their seasonal decor, but there isn’t any way I’m paying $39 for what will essentially end up as a grapevine wreath sans bunny.

I can, however, make one for not even half the cost. Here’s what my checklist looked like:

Have grapevine wreath – check!
Have glitter glue – check!
Have rustic little handsewn bunny – check! But, even if I didn’t, I could pick one up for under $5!
Have little blue egg –  Okay, I had to buy the egg.

Then, the fun began. I had purchased the wreath in the Target dollar bin area at the start of the year. It had a nice little twine accent around it that I thought was literally that; an accent. Nope. I came to find out quickly, when I went to remove the twine, that it was actually holding the grape vines together. So.. we had to modify.
applyingtheglitterglue
Years and years ago, I went through a tutu making stage. At that time, I ordered lots and lots of tulle. Like.. 70 spools of tulle. Shortly after receiving my shipment, my fascination with tutus ended. This was a short story that explains why I have a crafting blog.. among other loads of other crafting materials purchased during the various obsessions fascinations I’ve gone through, I have a lot of tulle. All the better to make wreaths, and anything else I can think of, with!

A length of tulle seemed like a better idea than the twine, so, I gathered the various hoops of grapevine together and wound the tulle around it, tying it off with a double ribbon.

I put a few coats of glitter glue over the wreath and the tulle and sat back to wait for it to dry – that stuff takes forever!
easter wreath-Bunny
The bunny was a clearance find, the egg, a teeny egg originally intended for an egg tree. I added them both to the bottom of the wreath, along with a few sprigs of colorful, Spring flowers, and that, my friend, was it.
MyEasterCraftyWreathonDoor
Well, that was it, except for hanging it on the door! Thanks for stopping by!

For more Easter fun, check these out!

• Valerie Lewis

March 24, 2015 at 5:18 pm

This is just so adorable, we need an Easter wreath!

March 24, 2015 at 11:38 pm

Thank you! I think I have a small problem in that I have more than a few. Maybe it's because when Easter comes around I'm dying to craft after a long winter! Thank you for stopping by!

• Kim Hilbert

March 24, 2015 at 11:20 pm

Sometimes I forget the simple things look cute, too. Great idea with very little fuss!

March 24, 2015 at 11:39 pm

Thanks, Kim! You and I both! I think that might be the reason for the many fails over the past week. So glad to have a win! 🙂

• Beverly Roderick

March 25, 2015 at 2:02 pm

Lovely wreath and the bunny is adorable. Great use of the tulle, too. Thanks for sharing on the Spring Craft Blog Hop.

March 27, 2015 at 12:17 am

Thanks Beverly!

• Cynthia Banessa

March 25, 2015 at 11:34 pm

The tulle came in handy and it turn out so cute…love it!

March 27, 2015 at 12:16 am

Thanks so much! The tulle will hopefully continue to come in handy.. There sure is enough of it!

• Louisa Kopp

March 26, 2015 at 3:30 pm

So cute!!

March 26, 2015 at 11:15 pm

Thanks Louisa! 🙂

• Jamie Tomkins

March 26, 2015 at 6:03 pm

That is beautiful!! I love how something simple can look so divine!! #SCBH2015

March 26, 2015 at 11:14 pm

Thanks Jamie! I love the simple things.. I think sometimes I just forget all about them! Thanks for stopping by!

• Jccee Barney

March 26, 2015 at 7:05 pm

Beautiful wreath Kim! It is always great when you can find something to do with items that you already have. Great way to use the tulle.

March 26, 2015 at 11:12 pm

Thank you so much! I'm normally the star of that meme where the woman is talking about how she's making a craft, she had everything she needs and just needs to go to Hobby Lobby to pick up a few things- not related of course. Ahem. But this time, I actually had everything. My husband was shocked.. As was I!

• Amy Nielson

March 26, 2015 at 8:11 pm

I love the flowers and the pop of color from the egg. Super cute!!

March 26, 2015 at 11:10 pm

Thanks Amy! It reminds me of Spring for sure. 🙂

• Emily

March 26, 2015 at 8:25 pm

I love your wreath! You did a great job! You should totally make wreaths like this as a side business or something! 🙂

March 26, 2015 at 11:08 pm

Thanks, Emily! I've thought about it honestly, but we will see. I wonder though if I'm just a one trick pony for each one! Lol

• Kim

March 26, 2015 at 8:34 pm

This is so cute! I actually like your version the best. The tulle adds a great effect.

March 26, 2015 at 11:07 pm

Thank you, Kim! It's funny how that happens sometimes – I ended up the same! Getting rid of even a small bit of tulle doesn't hurt either! Haha

• yanique

March 26, 2015 at 9:00 pm

Love this wreath. The bunny is adorable!

March 26, 2015 at 11:05 pm

Thanks Yanique! I thought so, too.. As did the little man who will without a doubt steal him when I'm not looking!

• Jean @sonotorganized.com

March 26, 2015 at 9:10 pm

Very cute! Makes me want to go find something to put on our door for Easter.

March 26, 2015 at 11:04 pm

Thank you! It is a bit like that, isn't it? Spring – and Easter – fever is catching. 😉

• Kathy Herbig

March 26, 2015 at 10:10 pm

It looks lovely, well done! And thanks for sharing, would love to give it a go 🙂

March 26, 2015 at 11:02 pm

Thanks, Kathy! If you do, please share your version, I'd love to see. 🙂

• happyandhumble

March 26, 2015 at 10:43 pm

Cute! Did you paint the egg??

March 26, 2015 at 11:01 pm

Although I am insane like that, no. I found a package of eggs used for an egg tree already made, in the perfect size, and just cut the little hanger thingy off. Best part, they were on clearance and I got the whole package for $3 at Joann's! Thank you so much for stopping by!

• Amy

March 26, 2015 at 11:41 pm

Oh that is so adorable! Well done!

• Mary La Fornara

March 26, 2015 at 11:52 pm

I love it! I've been working on a burlap wreath, but I'm in love with your bunny!

• Kim Seghers

March 27, 2015 at 12:54 am

Your wreath is adorable , and it looks simple to make. I love making crafts and decor as long as its simple . Thanks for sharing.
    Kim @ This Ole Mom

• Cristi

March 27, 2015 at 1:54 am

Love this wreath! Some day, I'm actually going to get all of my craft stuff back out and start working on things like this again. In the meantime, I'll live vicariously through all of you! Have a great weekend!

• Jane H

March 27, 2015 at 2:47 am

Absolutely love this! What a great find on the clearance rack, can't blame your son for wanting the bunny, it's so cute. Love how you wrapped the ribbon around the wreath.

• Karyn Locke

March 27, 2015 at 12:26 pm

Aww, love this!

• Holly

March 27, 2015 at 12:37 pm

Hi Kim – Sooooooo adorable! Hoppy Easter! Hugs, Holly

• Emily, Our house now a home

March 31, 2015 at 3:49 pm

This turned out great! I love when someone see's something they like and makes it themselves.