Basic to Bedazzling – a Pillar Candle Quickie

Posted in DECOR, DIY, LIVING ROOM
on July 10, 2013

I’m not sure how many times I’ve made-over these candles, but I think I might be happy with them now. Finally. Or, at least for the moment. I’m so fickle..

It all started with three basic white pillar candles, a skein of hemp twine, and a whole lot of upholstery brads that I was supposed to return. I just never got around to taking them there – I’m notorious for not returning things!  Don’t forget my desperate need to find a candle that “fit” in my dining room.

I’ve been looking and just not finding anything that will go in that room. And what I did find was a little more than I wanted to spend.. I don’t know about you, but spending $9 on a candle – each – is something I really hate doing, and given that I have kids, it’s not like I actually light them anyway!

This was so easy and I love how they turned out. They match the room just perfectly – a little bit of texture, a bit of bling, and a teensy bit of industrial. What a perfect way to spend 10 minutes. What did you do today?

• Melissa Whitcher

Yep, bedazzling is right. I love these candles! I would love to have you share them at our Simply Create Link Party that is going on right now. I am also pinning them—too good an idea to keep to ourselves, right? 🙂

Melissa
    redflycreations.com

July 12, 2013 at 2:02 am Reply
  • Nicole

Those do look great! And thank you so much for sharing on Show Off Friday!

July 12, 2013 at 3:21 pm Reply
  • Emily @ Love, Pasta and a Tool Belt

Those are so cute! I have some pillar candles that could use some bedazzling. Love it. Pinning this. Came over from the Craftionary Link Party. Hope you will check out my blog!

July 12, 2013 at 7:07 pm Reply
  • TheMoonAndMe

The candles look awesome! Easy way to add a little class. 🙂
    kelly

July 12, 2013 at 7:08 pm Reply
  • Ornate Splendor

Very Pretty! Love how easy this is. — I say go ahead and use them/burn them! It would be so easy to make more. Well done. Catherine (new follower)

July 13, 2013 at 6:17 pm Reply
  • srpprcrftr

Found you thru Too much time on my hands party. I love these candles, perfect, look so nice. Very sophisticated and simple. Now I need to find some plain white candles I can afford. They're so pretty I won't want to burn them, just let them sit, look pretty. Will have to get myself some snazzy looking upholstery tacks. So glad you shared this wonderful, gorgeous project. Happy summer

July 14, 2013 at 6:17 am Reply
  • Gail

Hi! Love your post! The candles look awesome! I'm visiting from Share Your Creativity . . . presently working on a jute twine project for Christmas in July you might like. Hope to post in the next day. Signed up to follow by email. Gail@Purple Hues and Me

July 14, 2013 at 12:32 pm Reply
  • Lisa @ Lisas Creative Designs

These candles are so cute! I love to dress up plain candles. Love this idea.

July 14, 2013 at 7:39 pm Reply
  • Therena Taylor

These are so great! What a clever idea!

July 16, 2013 at 12:24 am Reply
  • Julia @Happy House and Home

Love them! They look great – good thing you didn't return the tacks… 🙂 Love quick little projects like this. Julia

July 16, 2013 at 4:22 pm Reply
  • Cathy Compeau

Thanks so much for sharing at A Peek Into My Paradise TGIF Link Party! I just wanted to let you know I am featuring you this week. I would love for you to grab my button to add to the post or your sidebar. I would love for you to share your news of being featured on your social media. I can't wait to see what you link up next week!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs! Cathy

July 18, 2013 at 7:19 pm Reply
  • Barbara

What a great, easy, and thrifty way to upgrade one’s candles. I adore jute/twine/rope – anything “stringy!” Your candles are just lovely! I will be doing this. Thanks for sharing such a great way to make an ordinary candle look trendy and upscale.

August 27, 2017 at 9:16 am Reply