How to give your mantel a fresh look for Spring

Posted in DECOR, LIVING ROOM
on March 14, 2017

Hi, friends!  Today we’re talking about decorating your mantel for spring and boy are you in for a treat! I’m partnering with my friend Amy of My Life From Home and a few of my talented blogger friends to bring you oodles of ideas and inspiration to get your mantel ready for Spring.

Whether you change your mantel seasonally, or not, if you’re here, you’re looking for a change. Luckily, changing up your mantel can be done quickly and inexpensively. Here is how I change my mantel up for Spring!

Add Flowers

Spring is all about new beginnings for me. To me, flowers represent that. Flowers bring a freshness and energy to any space, including your mantel. Whether you’re using them in your throw pillows, as accents or in your artwork, the color and vibrancy will bring new life to your fireplace!  I like to mix both live and artificial flowers together. This gives the bouquet longevity and texture very inexpensively. I originally used the basket above for our St. Patrick’s Day tablescape. I gave it new life by adding some colorful blooms!

Artwork

Changing the wall decoration will automatically alter the look of your mantel. This can be done very inexpensively as – the paper quill prints below are greeting cards made by Niquea.D that I picked up at Papyrus, and placed in a floating-frame. You can also find lovely quilled cards on Etsy. Look outside the box for wall decor – wrapping paper, greeting cards and even printables are straightforward and inexpensive ways to change up your look seasonally.

Add Seasonal Accents

These little frosted-glass bunnies say “Easter” and “Spring” without screaming it.

Shop your home

This shabby-chic vintage birdcage moves around my home on a continuous basis, offering something new in each vignette. Look around your house for things that speak to you in your current seasonal frame of mind!

Throws and Pillows

Changing or adding a colorful throw and some floral pillows is an easy way to change up the decor around your fireplace for a fresh and new look!

I hope you’ve found these ideas useful and that I’ve given you some inspiration for your mantel makeover.

Enter your email address to subscribe for non-stop Knock it Off Kim fun!

Now, be sure to check out all of the ideas from my talented friends!

• Samantha

Love how you did your mantel for spring! The framed artwork is so cute and the perfect touch!

March 16, 2017 at 10:16 am Reply

Thanks so much, Samantha! It was such a fun hop!

March 17, 2017 at 9:49 am Reply
  • Michelle James

Such a pretty Mantel all decked out for Spring!

March 18, 2017 at 9:55 am Reply

Thank you, Michelle! I wish Spring would hurry up and finally get here!

March 21, 2017 at 8:53 am Reply
  • Sarah Cook

Beautiful mantel, Kim! These are such a great tips and I love all the pops of color.

March 20, 2017 at 10:25 pm Reply

Thanks, Sarah! I’m so excited that Spring is finally on it’s way, aren’t you?

March 21, 2017 at 8:52 am Reply
  • Emily

Love your mix of colors in all of the florals and pillows! Just what we need after a dreary winter 🙂

March 22, 2017 at 12:15 am Reply
  • Jenny

I love that birdcage! Such a good idea to frame the cards as art!

March 26, 2017 at 3:17 pm Reply

Thanks so much, Jenny! I love it, too. The birdcage was a lucky Goodwill find and it’s one of those things that moves around my house from one room to another. Don’t you just love things like that?!

March 26, 2017 at 6:52 pm Reply
  • Meg Green With Decor

Love your mantel! That bike and the bird cage are so pretty!

March 26, 2017 at 6:57 pm Reply