Fall 2016 One Room Challenge – Reveal – The Game Room

Posted in ALL THAT STUFF WE DID, GAME ROOM, MAKEOVER CHALLENGES
on November 10, 2016
Today is the day! Today is the day! I’m SO excited to be sharing our new Game room with you! Just writing that statement helps me breathe just a wee bit better – who knew I’d been holding my breath for the entire past six weeks of the Fall version of the One Room Challenge?
All I can say is get ready for eye candy galore as the 20 participants, and the 200+ linking participants all share the results of their sweat and tears! It’s going to get crazy!
A quick review for those of you who may be new here; We’ve been willing and excited participants in our second round – we made over our dining room into a multi-purpose space in the first round –  of the One Room Challenge hosted by Calling It Home. We have been feverishly making over our over-the-garage bonus room, with dormered ceilings, from it’s most recent use as a classroom and media room into an inviting and dramatic – in all the best ways – Game Room.
If you’d like to catch up on our journey, in all it’s drama and glory, from the beginning you can start here:
I can’t even begin to tell you all that I learned during this challenge, and am incredibly proud and excited every single time I walk by the doorway to what is now my favorite room in the house!
Enough talking! On to the ridiculous number of pictures!
This game room seating transforms into a full-sized sofa bed

Tiffany Stained glass tyle Art Deco Decor Lamp
All designs are inspired by something. The design for this game room was inspired by this lamp – it was my mother’s, and I’ve not had a home for it since the day I brought it home. I’ve always thought it would be perfect in a game room. You may say that I’ve been planning this room for over 10+ years! A little bit art deco with a whole lot of glamor, I’m so happy this lamp has finally found a home!

To say this room turned out exactly how I’d hoped would be an understatement. It is precisely the vision I had in my head, after I finally made up my mind what I wanted, and I can’t be more excited to call it mine!

Let’s not forget the before –

– And our to-do list with everything. crossed. off. I know. I don’t know how it happened either, but let’s just go with it.

1. Built-in storage bench seating with bookshelves
  2. Add a built-in snack bar with wine and spirits area
  3. Add a built-in Media cabinet for a TV and other components
  4. Create an organized craft-supply closet
  5. Bold geometric wallpaper
  6. Board and Batten wall trim throughout
  7. Dart Board
  8. Black Gloss Ceiling
  9. Convertible sofa or sofa bed
  10. Move and re-felt the pool table
  11. Finish attic space to act as storage and a fun secret hide-out

Thank you for all of your support through this past six crazy weeks. It’s been a journey full of the true labor of love, way too much take-out and not nearly enough laundry getting done! Your comments and encouragement helped more than you know! I’ll be back next Thursday with a complete source list where I got the green sofa.

Now, I’ll give my usual end of ORC speech and then I’m off for a nap!

A special thanks to Wallpaper Boulevard and Wagner Tools for their support!

** Photos by the lovely and talented Shannon Nuckols. You are the absolute best! To my husband, and partner in DIYing – sometimes by choice – the most love and thank yous for your unending and tireless pursuit of making my dreams come true. You’re crazy – not only do you buy into my ideas but you participate in them. That’s why you’re my favorite! And to my dearest April of Uncookie Cutter – for the endless calls, texts, face times during this project and many others – what would I do without you to call names and speak obscenities with? Thank you. You make this whole blogging thing a whole lot of fun!

• Uncookie Cutter

Woo-hoo!!! Looks fantastic Kim!! All the hand work paid off, it's amazing!

November 10, 2016 at 5:11 am Reply
  • My Life From Home Blog

Wow! It looks amazing. You thought of everything. I love all the bright colors and patterns. What a stunning mix. Great job!!

November 10, 2016 at 4:50 pm Reply
  • Jeannee

Kim,
    How eclectically fabulous! I love the art, the bright colors and the cherry on top is the fabulous Bar/snack closet! Your my hero! Love your Game room!
    Jeannee | Shepherds and Chardonnay

November 10, 2016 at 5:35 pm Reply
  • Jennifer Fancher

What a fun game room!! I absolutely love all the textures in this room!! Awesome job!!

November 10, 2016 at 7:58 pm Reply
  • Emily @ Two Purple Couches

Kim, your game room is fabulous!! That wallpaper!!!! I am swooning over here! I love all of your glam, eclectic touches – this space is perfectly you 🙂

November 10, 2016 at 11:07 pm Reply
  • The Honeycomb Home

Kim, this turned out amazing! I love the wall moldings, the wallpapered ceilings, and that green couch!!! I'm sure you guys will be spending tons of time in here! GREAT job!!!

November 11, 2016 at 2:37 am Reply
  • The Home I Create

Wow what an amazing space! The green couch and wallpaper is awesome!

November 11, 2016 at 9:09 pm Reply
  • Meg - Green With Decor

Omg, Kim this is soooo good!! I love that 'welcome to the party' sign, I may have to find a space for one in my house! That closet is so organized and perfect! And I love the ceiling!! And that green couch! I could go on and on 🙂 Enjoy it!!

November 12, 2016 at 5:15 pm Reply
  • Colette Wright

love the molding AND those pillows!!! so fab!

November 12, 2016 at 10:26 pm Reply
  • Emy Flint

I love this room! The wallpaper looks so pretty with the sofa! Beautiful!

November 12, 2016 at 10:31 pm Reply
  • Kristin

Love it, especially all your little details.

November 14, 2016 at 12:21 am Reply
  • Lemons, Lavender, & Laundry

Oh my! That ceiling! What a fun space.

November 15, 2016 at 2:23 pm Reply
  • Nicki Parrish

Great transformation! I love your choice of bold colors,and I bet hanging that wallpaper at that angle was a blast! It looks great though!

November 15, 2016 at 6:29 pm Reply
  • Jenny Leads - Refresh Living

What a great space for your family! I love how your mother's lamp inspired the whole space that is now completely transformed. It doesn't even look like the same room!

November 16, 2016 at 1:10 am Reply
  • Maria Brittis

Great space, as I said earlier, this is a family friendly space and very elegant too.
    Maria