Welcome to week #15 of the You Link It; We Make It Link Party, the recipe sharing link party with a twist! Every week we make, and review, our favorite recipes from those linked up!
|Sweet Corn Fritters @ Eclectic Red Barn|
Here are the hosts of You Link It; We Make It!
Kim of Knock it Off Kim
- Follow your hosts.
- Link up your best recipes.
- We will each pick one recipe to make, review and share.
- We will also select an additional two features.
- As a feature, your recipe and blog will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles, and you will also be invited to pin on our group Pinterest board!
Now onto the recipes and our features!
Torta Caprese – Olives & Okra
Grab a button if you were featured!
|Fresh Sweet Corn Fritters – Eclectic Red Barn|
My “make-it” feature this week is from Bev at Eclectic Red Barn. Bev is a longtime DIYer who is busy “turning her Red Barn into my eclectic work area”. She offers a wide variety of projects and recipes such as my favorite flavor combo, Cranberry Orange Scones, and the intriguing Buffalo-Style Popcorn! I hope you will visit her blog and show her some love!
This recipe was perfect for this time of year with the availability of fresh sweet corn on the cob, and I’m very excited to be adding a healthy recipe to my arsenal that takes advantage of that!
It was my first try at making fritters, and the first few looked a bit less than pretty, but after that, I got the hang of it pretty quickly. I ended up using a large serving spoon to drop the batter rather than a tablespoon.
I cooked them on medium heat, turning right at about the 4-minute mark.
These were not only simple, but they were delicious, especially with the serving suggestions which were spot on. I served the fritters with fresh salsa, guac and I added a dollop of sour cream. Out of a squeeze tube. Because I’m cool like that. Unless I’m the only one who thinks sour cream out of a squeeze tube is cool, in which case, you need to get the squeeze tube of sour cream!
Be sure to head over to Uncookie Cutter to see her Chex Mix!
Now, it’s your turn to share!
- Follow your hosts on social media.
- Link-up as many of your favorite recipes as you would like.
- Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
- Grab a button and link back to one of our sites on your post or your link party page.
We, in turn:
- Will make one recipe from those submitted each week to make and feature.
- Will share our personal pictures of our result.
- Will also pick two additional recipes each to feature. All six features will be shared out through our social media accounts. All feature owners are invited to the pin on our group Pinterest board.
- Will send a reminder each Wednesday morning to come back and link up again!
*Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
Thanks so much for stopping by and sharing your fabulous recipes with us!
Pin for later: Sweet Corn Fritters