Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake – You Link It, We Make It #4

Posted in FOOD
on March 9, 2016
Gluten- Free Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake – Recipe @ Discover Create Live

Welcome back to the You Link It, We Make It Link Party, the recipe sharing link party with a twist! We’ll be making, and reviewing, our favorite recipes from those linked up each week!

800x400

Let’s meet the hosts of You Link It, We Make It!

Kim of Knock it Off Kim

Blog |Facebook |Pinterest |Twitter |Instagram |Google+

April of Uncookie Cutter

profile

Here’s how it works

1. Follow your hosts.
  2. Link up your best recipes.
  3. We will each pick one recipe to make, review and share.
  4. We will also select an additional two features.
  5. As a feature, your recipe and blog will be promoted and shared across our social media profiles, and you will also be invited to pin on our group Pinterest board!

Here are our six favorites for this week. It gets harder and harder to pick!

You Link It, We Make It - the link party where we make the features! Every Wed through Sat. Join us at UncookieCutter and KnockItOffKim.

If you were featured, please grab a button!

KnockitoffKim

Thanks to everyone for linking-up this past week! Again I had a bit of a time picking what to make, and I’ll be trying some of the other features. Rice Pudding is always something that reminds me of my mom.  Adding a Creme Brulee element, for Rice Pudding Crème Brulee? Wow. That tomato basil soup will be perfect in the coming months with fresh tomatoes. Yum!
Unfortunately, for this week, I only had time to make one – Discover Create Live’s Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake.
Gluten-Free-Lemon-Blueberry-Bundt-Cake-02
Source

The lovely Kate not only has sweet and yummy recipes to share but such a sweet family story as well! I loved learning a little about her life and checking out her blog and highly recommend you do as well. I’ll certainly be back for a try at her Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies, as well as the Banana Bread French Toast (WHAT – where has this been all my life?!?).
The Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake recipe was a cinch to follow. I did make a few changes (although we don’t always succeed, we try to remain dairy-free as well as gluten-free around here) and found the recipe very forgiving when doing this. If you are not gluten-free, I wouldn’t feel the need to shy away from this one – I’m pretty sure it would be just as easy to sub regular flour in one to one – hence the reason I liked it so much! I used King Arthur’s Gluten-Free baking mix as my flour and subbed the butter and buttermilk out for coconut butter (3/4 cup) and vegan butter (1/4 cup) and SO’s vanilla coconut yogurt. But the real reason I liked it. The taste was just superb!

Folding in the blueberries ensured they remained intact while baking and after. The lemon flavor was a little more than subtle, which I love – I want to know there is lemon in there if I put it in there!  – and was complemented perfectly by the blueberries.

My bake time was only about 45 minutes as opposed to 50-65 minutes, but my oven runs a bit hot. I would begin checking about 45 minutes for doneness just in case.
The cake was moist and sweet/tangy, and the glaze was just lovely, with just a hint of lemon itself. One of my non-lemon-loving girls even thought it was yummy. That’s saying something! The only thing I do wish is that I had a new and lovely bundt pan to show it off in!
Check out the full recipe here.

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie - Featured at You Link It, We Make It Link Party, the link party where we make the features. Every Wed morning - Sat night at UncookieCutter.com

Be sure to hop on over to UncookieCutter to check out April’s version of the Salted Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie! Yum!

Party Rules:

1. Follow your hosts on social media.
  2. Link-up as many of your favorite recipes as you would like.
  3. Please hop around and check out some other recipes – share the love!
  4. Grab a button and/or link back to one of our sites on your post or your link party page.

KnockitoffKim

We, in turn:
  1. Will make one recipe from those submitted each week to make and feature.
  2. Will share our personal pictures of our result.
  3. Will also pick two additional recipes each to feature. All six features will be shared out through our social media accounts. All feature owners are invited to the pin on our group Pinterest board.
*Please note, linking up gives your hosts permission to share your photo and your recipe across social media, with proper credit of course.
Let’s party!

document.write(”);

• Uncookie Cutter

Looks amazing!!! Congrats to Kate! I wish I had had this when we were trying gluten free, maybe I'd have stuck to it longer! Pinning and making note to try it later, I love lemon and blueberries together!

March 9, 2016 at 12:57 pm Reply

I do too! I love how the sweet balances the tart. Sooo yummy!

March 12, 2016 at 1:49 am Reply
  • Emily Blakey

Thanks so much for the feature, that is really exciting. We love our tomato basil soup. It's super easy and quick. You can have a weeknight dinner in less than an hour. And we added our Bacon and Tomato Guac this week. Another family favorite.

March 9, 2016 at 1:27 pm Reply

Tomato soup is my absolute winter favorite. I'm really excited about the Guac too! Thanks for linking up!

March 12, 2016 at 1:50 am Reply
  • Robin at A Home to Grow Old In

Yum! This lemon blueberry bundt cake looks delicious! I love anything with lemon it…throw in some blueberries…even better. I'll be saving this recipe! Thanks for hosting and sharing my chocolate chip cookie pie!

March 9, 2016 at 4:05 pm Reply

That pie looks to die for! April and I were wrestling over that one.. well, not really, given that we're in different states.. but if we weren't, I'd have taken her. 😉 Thanks so much for linking up! We're happy to have you!

March 12, 2016 at 1:51 am Reply
  • Kate @ DCL

Thank you for such a lovely feature!! That's awesome that you were able to make it dairy free as well… I don't think I've heard of coconut butter before, but I'll have to keep an eye out for it!

March 9, 2016 at 6:05 pm Reply

You're so welcome! I hope you give the coconut butter a try! I use it for pretty much everything I'd have used butter for. When using it for baking, it's 3/4 of the called for amount of butter. I hope you'll come back and link up something yummy again!

March 12, 2016 at 1:55 am Reply
  • Cindy Eikenberg, Little Miss Celebration

Kim thanks so much to you and April for hosting! I tried to follow you Twitter link but it look as though it might not be working? Following on Pinterest! Have a wonderful weekend!

March 12, 2016 at 12:08 pm Reply

Thank you SO much, Cindy, for letting me know! I'm now following you on Twitter and everywhere else. Thanks so much for linking up! 🙂

March 12, 2016 at 1:57 pm Reply
  • Winnie

Wowwww this lemon blueberry bundt cake look AMAZING !!
    I really wish I could have a huge slice right now 🙂

April 30, 2016 at 9:31 pm Reply