Happy Birthday to KnockitoffCrafts.. catchy tune, isn’t it?
Actually, my blogibirthday was on March 8th, but like most things I try really hard not to forget, I thought about it, and thought about it, for days before, and then promptly forgot about it on the actual day – at least until after breakfast. We won’t mention that this pattern also applies to my anniversary. My poor husband.. I’m so lucky he puts up with me.
For all the rest of you who put up with me, can I just say thank you for your support? It’s been a crazy year of sharing, decorating, partying and creating! I can’t thank all of you enough for checking in with me and following along – if it weren’t for you, I might still be writing, but it wouldn’t be nearly as fun. Without a doubt, your comments always make me smile.. I can’t tell you how excited I get to see a new a comment.. it’s kinda sad actually.. and they give me incentive to keep sharing! With that said, you might want to stop leaving me comments.. I’m so kidding! Don’t stop! Please, don’t ever leave me! What.. too much?
Over the past year, your most favorite posts on KnockitoffCrafts have always been our party posts. Hands down, you’ve most enjoyed a peek in to Kyla’s 50’s Sock-Hop Birthday Party, more than anything else!
We had a great time rocking around the clock, but it didn’t stop there.. more partying has been done! In addition we:
- Did the chicken at Ayden’s Farm Birthday Party.
- Hosted an Indoor Camping Sleepover Party.
- Celebrated Johnny Appleseed’s Birthday with a fun playdate.
- Shreeked with fear and howled with delight at our Annual Halloween Creepy Carnival.
- Chowed down at our Camerican Thanksgiving Feast. Seriously. I’m still full.
This year, we have plans for a “Frozen” shindig, a Zoo bash, and another fun End-of-the-School-Year Sleepover that is yet to be themed. There is always Halloween. I’m also really thinking that a Walking Dead Party might be super fun as well! Stay tuned!
I always have so much fun party planning, and I love to bounce ideas off of friends – thank you to those of you who humor my idea of a conversation. Occasionally, I’m asked, “Where do you get your ideas from?” The simple answer is everywhere – there are so many great resources on the web and all around us. When I throw a party, I really try to transport our guests right in to the theme – to me, that’s what makes it magical.
For those of you who would love to go the extra mile, but just don’t have the time to research and execute. To help you out, let me share a few of my favorite resources.
- Pinterest. Pinterest is the most amazing place for party ideas – anything and everything you could ever hope to create is right there for you to see.
- Spaceships and Laserbeams – Stephanie is constantly posting the best and latest ideas for every party theme imaginable for our little (and big) guys. Her site is a wealth of information that I comb pretty much constantly. You just never know when the party mood might hit you.. a girl needs to be prepared!
- MarthaStewart.com Okay, I know this is a no-brainer, but seriously, I’ve found some really great ideas to build off here. She is my absolute favorite go-to at Halloween. Our Halloween Carnival theme was based on the Fun House party theme, and although we’ve added many of our own elements, we did incorporate their spinning dart board and the carnival mirrors. When I’m really not feeling very inspired, I can always find something to inspire me.
- Catchmyparty.com Great visuals and search capabilities to search by theme.
- Hostess With The Mostess Blog All kinds of parties, with a fun DIY section.
- Esty There is nothing better than taking a look at other’s work to get your creative juices going. Also, it’s always nice to know that if you run out of time, you can always just order something unique and fun that makes it look as though you spent hours and hours planning!
The most important part of a party is enjoying yourself and celebrating with those you care about. The rest, is just icing – but man, do I love icing! I hope you find these resources helpful.
Again, thanks for hanging out with me, and I’m so excited to be sharing with you over the coming year!